Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 20 December 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!



Today, I celebrate the second birthday of this blog!!
In my first year (december 20th 2010-2011), I recorded 3.163 pageviews in total. I was pleased but hoping for the same success rate in the second year.
On it's second birthday (today), I see that the total pageview count has reached 9,020. This means that  it had 5,857 pageviews in this second year (an increase of 185%)
Forgive me, I like playing with statistics to promote its success!
This figure provides the value of an average of over 16 pageviews per day! Admittedly the actual value has fluctuated ridiculously, but numbers don't lie!


The 20th December marks the birthday of this blog that you read. Above I explain many of the fun facts and figures, in celebrating the popularity of this blog. However, I keep on track, and this week’s post doesn’t forget these notes that I compile on my phone, for presentation to you ‘the readers;. The people.

back in the day…(2002)



My first note this week, is a basic fact of life. Winter comes, and brings cold weather, meaning different, warmer attire is to be worn. In the summer people often like to lower their body temperature, by often wearing very little. In doing so they realise that they can often quite easily attract the opposite sex. It may be harder to do this in winter (thankfully in some cases). However, sunglasses/hats are rarely worn, meaning the eyes become visible. I have to admit, that yes, I do still quite easily get distracted from driving my wheelchair by passing a girl  with stunning eyes. Although, I realise and correct myself, it is so much better in doing this than in summer, when everyone seems to strive for aesthetic attention. Truly beautiful looking people, have beautiful looks all year round.


Ahem, right. I have made a note to myself. By typing it online, on this blog, forces me notice it and act on/believe it.
“life is better than it was. I had hoped for perfection (one always does), but perfection doesn’t exist on earth. It only exists in heaven which is different for everybody.”
Okay….. Read into that what you will.

Two much more trivial notes, to finish off. The first is to repeat my exclamation of much joy, when, I manage to find a pile of odd socks that turn out o be partners to my other pile of odd socks. Socks live in pairs, odd ones become useless rejects but it iis so good to know that their partner is out there somewhere!
Hehehe, I told you trivial, I meant pathetic!

Lastly, I need to admit to a pathetic, risky football jibe (but quite fun). As I was leaving a Christmas meal yesterday evening, several fellow restaurant customers stood up to let me in a wheelchair, reach the exit. I had my coat on, just leaving when a Tottenham fan gave me grief about the Arsenal scarf I wear. He was wearing a safe smile, I knew I could respond. So I checked the time on my watch, 8.56pm. ‘ Oh, it’s just gone five to, AGAIN’. I then made my exit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment