Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 November 2012

La Vie Claire...


...avec pas de cafe (maintenant). No coffee (yet). I am emotionally recovering from this mornings present that i gave myself. I had a physiotherapy session midday. Often i have been found by my therapist to be closing my eyes, and so told off! I blame the previous night's coffee, for lack of sleep etc. Anyway, the better solution is to skip the coffee last night, having it this morning. So I ground some beans this morning, and more, and more, and more. Four shot spoons were calculated. I then spilt a shot when transferring to my Bialetti. I made a dark dark dark black espresso. A 'tripolo'. Three shots in a tiny espresso cup. I was experimenting! It worked! The most powerful coffee drink i've ever had, and actually fairly easy to make. Beautiful.
I won't be making this a habit, as it did slightly unnerve me, realising the effect of coffee! 

Anyway, when considering this blog earlier this week, I thought about noting 'positives', thought of a few, but then gave up, realising that it is an endless task. So I shall continue talking about a much easier topic, 'God'. Don't worry, i just have one note to copy in, here.

I believe in a God, but not defined by any religion. I believe that there is far too much, that can be attributed solely, to human beings. By reading this blog you will understand my view on fate and destiny. Everyone has a different destiny, therefore everyone is following different paths of fate, in order to reach their destiny.

It is November 11th on Sunday. Remembrance Sunday.
    
I just want to note that tomorrow's date is 10/11/12. Having three consecutive numbers, wil only happen once more in our lifetime (next year).
Fun fun fun...

OK. Earlier this week, as i had an appointment, I was forced to wait two and a half hours in a hospital waiting room/ reception. There is nothing worse. I thought to myself 'if there is anyone who can do this, i can'. To be quite honest, i found it so so so sooooo depressing. Only in hindsight can i look back, thinking of it as 'where i've come from'. My heart goes out to all staff in every hospital, everywhere.

Little parts of 'normality' still excite me.
Keep faith. Odd socks always have partners. It is just a case of waiting to find it. Looking for it rarely works.
As I am so good at viewing things positively (sufficient practice), I now have 'normal' accidents, and whilst it can be annoying having to clear up a spilt drink, I pause, realise how 'normal' this sort of error is, and become very pleased that it is not just a 'wheelchair-related' error. Everyone spills drinks. No, it wasn't spilt milk,but hey.


No comments:

Post a Comment