Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 2 November 2012

God knows you Lonely Souls

Don't worry, the title comes from music i am currently listening to.

Right, finally, evening coffee has been made, I am ready to type. I was asked by a blog reader that, after reading my post dated October 19th, 'Why, oh why is the swan pink?'. At the time I gave an improper answer. Truthfully, the swan is quite beautiful, with delicate curves in a pure white. Pink is quite a thin colour, showing a white purity, but also a bright energetic dynamism. Hmmm. Ok, everyone is different and will read different things into different colours, but I've stated what colour best represented characteristics involved, i think.

My next note is important for myself to remember, and i want to share it.
'It feels so good keeping the mind active, not asleep in a 'text/computer screen recipient mode'!'
I made that note on my phone, whilst aware that my bus journey was feeling so much better than usual. I am usually engrossed in a mobile phone, and I realise that most people who commute to/from their work, may be turning thier brains off before the day begins in doing such. I enjoy the ability to just stop and think. People don't do it anymore.

I want to explain my joy at visiting Arsenal for the first time this season. Besides watching my favourites,  I must pay a very high accolade to the accessibility of the Disabled features (including seat position, obviously) available at the Emirates Stadium.

I also surprised myself, getting joy from my seat position. You can see above that I was sat just out of the 'right-back' line. In sitting behind the goal, I was allowed to view how the defence marshalls itself. As a former defender, it gave me great joy to do such. I was playing.

Music. I want to promote my two new discoveries. Perhaps unsurprisingly, on is a pair of female singers - 'The Pierces'. I am quite late to this scene, but found no cd in the shop, so downloaded the mp3 of their latest album. Very calm, mellow, feminine. 



My second recent 'discovery' is a four-piece from London, entitled 'Portico Quartet'. Again the mp3 was downloaded as the CD could not be found. Totally instrumental, I was first attracted by their jazzy beats, similar to those of the almighty Radiohead of recent years. Very much like the sound.




Two more notes. Both are very relative to my personality. Firstly, I must admit that unfortunately I am not like Bradley Wiggins at all. I know that obviously we are two very different people, but he would be a utterly superb hero to have if i was a decade younger. He is professional cyclist who has 100% correct morals and I believe that he is 100% clean. I state this because I don't think that I would be if I were a professional cyclist. I have grown up in love with a dirty sport, and I have always had the mentality that everyone cheats, so it is impossible to 'cheat'. Mr Wiggins offers a bright future...

bradley-wiggins

Now, last note. 'The worst part of my rehabilitation from a 'traumatic acquired brain injury' was initially, in hospital, learning to doubt myself'. There have been obvious troubles such as my physical dis-abilities (walking, left arm), and loss of my girlfriend (she stayed with me until mutual decision). There is nothing worse than coping with the necessity of  self-doubt. Lying in hospital (or whenever), thinking 'i will do this and this, but no, hold on i can't'. Thinking as any able human does, but then having to stop and reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment