Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Sunday 1 July 2012

first stage

A continuation of yesterday's post, which was unfortunately cut short.
Following yesterday's  prologue, the race spends the next three weeks out on the road, touring France.  With only two rest days, it proves to be one of the toughest sports, both physically and psychologically.

Atop the right hand column, I provide links to the two companies/organisations to which i am offering my services currently. Please use the links to find out more, if you wish.

A thought that i often rely on to comfort myself whenever needed. Everyone has troubles. No-one/nothing ever attains 100% happiness. We all have to make the best of what we can. Everything, EVERYTHING is relative, and can be viewed positively or negatively. Only something of positivity is productive, therefore we must focus on positives. Even a negative can be a positive, if viewed correctly.

I have found it very interesting, that in the past five or six years (or, since my accident), I do remember clearly of having a constant thought whilst enjoying cycling.

'I am enjoying this so much. I am not a 'competitive' cyclist, don't want to be, or turn it into a job. I love cycling so much. What would be the worst thing? An accident, obviously. But would I be better off with the physical ability, or mental ability, if I were lucky enough just to lose one.
Get this out of my head.
Hmmm, but which? Stupid, you are being silly, completely hypothetical. It would definitely be much wiser to keep the mental ability, then you can work on physical improvment.
Hypothetical, stop.
Is Flloyd Landis really winning the tour?'

And then, October 2006.

1 comment:

  1. hi Patrick,

    Found your blog via a link on fb. I just wanted to say that I think you have written some lovely pieces. I find it very inspiring to read about 'mental ability' overriding the physical. You are very right. Have you come across Mindfulnes? Similar thoughts.

    Best wishes
    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete