Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 30 June 2012

Le Grand Depart, c'est maintenant!

Potentially, a very important day, for British cycling. I am typing this week's post, accompanied by the iconic voices of Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett (legendary).
To me, sounds of them mean Cycling, Summer, Sun, Sport, Competition, Brilliance. Le Tour.

Focus, right. My experiences (since 2006), have taught me the advantages of taking quite a 'laissez faire' attitude.
Go Brad!!! Leading by half a second. Hmmm.
'Laissez faire'. I have been forced to accept that 'what'll be, will be'. Although much of my life has involved being educated to design the future. I have learnt that although a design can work well, 'shit happens'. There is no way that we can successfully create a 'design for life'.

Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us free.



Hmmm. Fabian 'Spartacus' Cancellara is unbelievably good. Never mind Bradley, you've got 3 weeks...

Anyway, yeah, er. I find that now in the situation i am, life can be good, as i put fewer pressures on myself. Having joined a 'french conversation' group, has helped along with my holiday in Paris. Although I am not fluent, I have the mental ability to understand and communicate (mostly). Combine this with singing along to my music in the flat (like a pro!), and improving my vocal strength through physio exercises, I now feel more confident in my vocal power, than pre-accident.

This unusual self-confidence does bring problems though. I admit that I am just a big flirt! If I think of something, I say it (within reason)! There should be no harm in paying people compliments, however, I fear that I am in danger of looking a desperate, lonely fool. Which maybe I am.

Ah well, in danger of getting a depressing read, coffee calls.

Been out to cafe (which was shutting), so carried on to the next one, read half chapter of 'Enduring Love' (quite amazing read). Now am running late for important things (such as pub). Will complete tomorrow asap. cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment