Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 18 April 2012

smile, but who are you?

Right, sorry about my post title, it isn't directed, or aimed at the blog audience. It is merely a representation of what I often encounter amongst the general public.


So often i receive smiles from totally random people. Smiles are good and entirely positive. Fine, I encounter a smile, thank you, but why me? I realise that they may often be reciprocal, fair enough, but  i doubt that this is always the case.
I may be harsh but i think that people smile at me because they are unnerved or scared by encountering someone 'different' (disabled in a wheelchair). Sometimes a weird, evil, twisted part of me wants to play-up to the part, screaming expletives back at them, just for a laugh. But no.

The easiest, and best thing to do, is to acknowledge and return the smile, which usually surprises. Happy, content, in a wheelchair? Surely not?
Well have a read of my blog. It is usually where i overspill emotion.

Well done Chelsea! Half way there. Just go to that Catalan playground now, hmmmmm.

OK, another large point that i want to share here. I enjoy music as everyone does. I discover bands/groups that i like, but now have issues, in a wheelchair, as for my next step. I find that they play live somewhere, good, i'll go. Wait a second is it accessible? So many venues are up steps or downstairs, there may be a lift but I would have to make sure of accessibility. I may have to pre-pre-book tickets, because I am special or different. Humpf.

A recent discovery of mine, is yet another female-fronted act, but a lot more rocky, punky than my previous recommendations.

  FOE
Tyrant Song

My weekly rant about the current state of music and the death of the industry. Hmmm. I admit that I use Spotify, but i fear that it is encouraging people to 'cheat', creating their own playlists, turning them into radio stations. People don't have music collections any more, they have an ipod.


Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell
Come on over (turn me on)


I have made a note, that should improve everyone's mood. 'There are a lot of weirdos out there' . The fact that i made this note directly after 3 espresso(i), should be neither here nor there. Everyone should consider it relative, a 'weirdo' to one person might be fairly regular to another. But it is true, whenever people are down about whatever, we should remember that there is someone, somewhere, who feels the same or worse. Humans have strength, and must be strong to overcome troubles. Troubles only exist because they can be overcome, we must find how.

Previously plauded, I provide you with yet another photo of a brilliant shop sign.






No comments:

Post a Comment