Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 6 April 2012

i stand accused, just like you......

Yet again, I have plenty of notes to talk about, you lucky lucky folk!!

No small talk, or 'beating around the bush', straight in. First note, 'i sing' is quite self explanatory. I mean to say that I use my vocal chords (thank god i still have a beautiful voice, as ever) :p
Basically, i realise that i often used to feed this passion for music, through playing the guitar. Now I am probably unable to even hold a guitar properly, but I still have a passion for 'participating' along with all my CDs. I have always known most, if not all, words to Radiohead and Jeff Buckley songs. Vocally, it is a lot easier to companion Richard Ashcroft, meaning that my knowledge of all words from 'A Northern Soul', is not pointless for me. 17 years old, i think! But then, I am getting old.

  


My next note, I type in sheer horror. Basically, I have heard a rumour that someone whom I know (who may well read this), has talked down the importance of wearing a bicycle helmet. I am living proof that my helmet helped save my life. I am so glad that i had the sense of wearing my helmet. If you cycle and read this, can you please value your life and wear one. You will never know when it is needed.

I had to face facts earlier in the week. I made the special trip into Kingston, to visit the CD shop. I had with me a list of 6 artists of which 4 albums were released (my internet pre-research proved a success). 4 albums of which none were found. Great. I knew that my best way of getting the music was to download the mp3 off Itunes. I found it a sad moment as i was forced to realise that times are a changing.

I must also admit that I am shamefully addicted. There could be many things worse than coffee, but it feels rubbish knowing that i neeeeeeed one. I am dependent. I never thought i was, but now i completely understand what people say when they 'need' a coffee. It was painful, but it taught me something.

I was out today, along the towpath by the river, when i made my next note to talk about. 'Girls WANT to be looked at, maybe'.
Hehe, right, hmmmmmm. I don't think my note needs explanation. I am merely excusing myself. Men are men, and women are women. Some women wear clothes that are so blatantly seeking attention and aim to be looked at, they are. Good aesthetics need to be appreciated. hehe. 

Anyway, balancing my recent note's subject, I finish by using the dictionary 'Google images'. I look up 'Patrick', and what do i find an image of?



......oh joy.....
   


No comments:

Post a Comment