Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 14 March 2012

My issues....

Hellooo,
I type this post during a Chelsea Champions League game. Extra time, fernando TORRES....?........
Only you will know the outcome, not i.
Anyway a coffee is due to be got, so get I shall.
Right, got I have, continuation. My first note is 'new is old cycling'. I feel that i have talked about the new trans-global scene in pro-cycling, in my previous post. I take this opportunity on congratulating two of my favourite pro-cyclists, Bradley Wiggins and Vincenzo Nibali, on winning the two big season-openers, Paris-Nice, and Tirreno-Adriatico.They provide me with an optimistic outlook for the rest of the season.

Wiggins 2011


My next note exclaims 'if you start off near absolute zero'...... any fluctuation is a positive. It sounds ridiculous, maybe, but only in recent times have i seen the introduction of Spring weather and felt the sun's heat, as  a real, bright positive. The sun makes everyone smile and you know about my high regard of a smile!
I am careful of not being hypocritical in this blog. Truthfully, if I claim to do something in my blog, I make sure that I have done or do it. For instance, I went out the other slightly grayish day, and two minutes out of my front door, I caught my reflection in the corner-shop window. To my sheer disgust and horror, I saw a face which was not smiling. Okay, it was not sunny, but is this any reason not to project happiness? I immediately corrected myself. I thought, it may not be nice to see a reflection of oneself in a wheelchair, BUT it is a reflection of yourself! I was happy with myself for seeing the negativity of myself without a smile.




There, all better. I say all this about the importance of being 'positive', so it should not surprise me when I receive greetings of a simple 'hello' from total strangers, but it does. I perhaps am a totally harsh fool when i think that 'oh, they're just saying that because I'm in a wheelchair, selecting me out from every other pedestrian, saying hello to cheer me up.' I DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED THAT I AM DISABLED!!!! Muppets.
Sorry, I am making myself annoyed.
Smile.
My coffee is cold  now, but that enables v quick drinking!
Finished. I continue.

On wednesday, no that's today, tuesday I was in kingston, decided that i needed coffee but no time so a quick espresso ensued. I had just bought flowers (tulips are MY flower). Turned around and i had the obvious option of my favourite cafe chain, or, a couple of doors down, their rivals. Hmmm,this time I chose the rivals. I went in and ordered a single espresso. Cheaper, fair enough, by about 10p. To my horror, disgust, incomprehension, it was served in not an espresso mug, but TWO, yes TWO, cardboard cups. A cardboard cup was duplicated around one, because of the heat. I was amazed, so asked  for, and declined, a mug. I did almost burn my fingers through two layers of card. This is why espresso mugs are used! GGGRRRRRRRR.

My final note was made today. I have signed up to various ways of downloading MP3s, but I had detected a 'new' artist, and so I made the trip into kingston to purchase her cd. To my angst, I could not find it in the shop. So I asked, and after checking that it wasn't stocked was guided to purchase it online! I could download the EP onto my Ipod, but I want the CD! It's a good enough EP for me to want to 'have' it. Hmmm. So do I wait a week for the shop to order in the cd, or am i impatient? I can only tell you next week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment