Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 24 March 2012

I'm sorry, but i need to type this.....

I apologise for the nature of this post.

I attach the song my ipod is playing at the moment, suiting my mood.
The note, i made on my phone, today(very warm and sunny), travelling back alongside the river:
"  Am I depressed? It's packed in Kingston. Especially the riverside, couples everywhere, sun, everyone enjoying themselves on a saturday. Reinforces to me, what I haven't got. Have to force myself to remember that I've missed the 'reAl world' for 4 or 5 years.
Doesn't help.
Note taking does ish.
A forced smile hopefully does nOt represent my true feelings.
Grrrr
Sorry."

Hmmm. It feels like I have missed 4/5 years because I have. Life was so much better as a fully able 22year old, and this is how I  remember/want life to be. But the world keeps turning, will I  ever catch up?

No comments:

Post a Comment