Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 23 March 2012

At the end of the day...........

...... I am supposed to place something meaningful and quirky as my 'post title' this week, but cannot think of anything. Other than describing when i type and so, I do have quite a few notes to get through.

It's friday night, and i am spend it by talking to you lot, boring. This really is not the place to let my true feelings flow.
Anyway
So I begin. My first note was actually made last week. I was left aghast, as I was after a new cd, by Rachel Sermanni (personally, a new discovery). I went to the only accessible cd shop in Kingston. Although confident, I could not find it. DAMN! What to do? I could  just download the mp3, but no i wanted the CD. I made the shop order it for me, even though it meant waiting a week, i wanted the cd!
A week went past, i went in to the shop. I was scared as i could not find it in stock, 'that's, alright  it may have been a special order'. I check, they do, and no cd. GRRRRR!  I give up, maybe it is a sign that i should learn to love my ipod more!

The artist
Rachel Sermanni (mp3 eventually downloaded)

The CDs i ended up buying (2 for £10)



Old music (pre my birth), but legendary.

Next note. Perhaps linked to a previous post, but hey. As a lover of coffee, i can be regularly found in cafes. I see a large number/a high percentage of fellow customers are mothers with babies. Admittedly these are whom i would see as 'girls around my age' so i pay them attention. But, NO THIS NOT RIGHT, NOTHING IS POSSIBLE PATRICK. NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN, nothing does happen. Then i realise that nothing ever happens. I  AM SAT HERE ON A FRIDAY NIGHT!!! WHAT?!

Anyway, I continue. In the next note, I make things better by simply stating  'there are a lot of weirdos'. Although I can get depressed about my situation, I can improve things easily, by drawing on my past experiences , from living in a comatosed state to now. I witness the fact that there a lot of weirdos out there, and although a wheelchair may be considered as out of the ordinary, I do have a mental potential to be very proud of. Hmmmm.

I have just used this blog 'therapeutically' in typing the previous paragraph. I don't delete, i just type, it's better that way.

Next note, is simply exclaiming my exasperation. I consider my biggest strength in graphic design, to be 'Typography'.
Whilst at work, I have been creating some postcards which are due some foreign text. Fair enough, but not only was it foreign text, but foreign type aligned to the right, not left. It was the first time that i had come across this problem. Hmmm, I didn't know what to do, so asked, had to keep the translations. I just had to design around this. It is damn annoying, but a problem without solution, anyone? 
I have created yet another print (smaller) for my wall opposite the 'telephone boxes' piece that you can view earlier on this blog.
I take a key image representing my  'Colours of the Peleton' work.


After printing, I immediately discovered errors, which weren't seen by the untrained eye! A second print was offered when i explained the issue. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. The joy i got from noticing the issue, and proving that it was not an issue with the design but in printing. Yay, phew!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment