Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 11 January 2012

two versions (part b)



Right, assuming that all readers of my blog have open ears, and hearts, welcoming the examples of music that i provide........
OK, both videos show the same track being performed by both halves of the act (James Lavelle, UNKLE, and a 2006 Richard Ashcroft performance). As many of you might know, the song, 'Lonely Soul', I hold dearly close as although produced in 1998, i listened to it a lot during my 'student' years, and still do today.

Anyway, enough blubbering on about music. Now owner of a Kindle, I have perhaps finished my last ever read of a 'book'. It may be co-incidence, but it was definitely the most depressing book that i have ever read from start to finish. Willy Voet's 'Breaking the chain', told me too many truths about professional cycling and its dark side. I still love cycling, realising it has formed me, but I am so glad that I am not a professional racer. I used to carry the knowledge that 'my sport'  is full of cheats, but that's alright, everything is. I wasn't surprised when years ago, Rio Ferdinand 'forgot' a drugs test. Could you imagin if Lance Armstrong used that excuse?
Everyone cheats, it's human nature. Or so I thought. However, Voet's book made me realise that maybe it  is just Cycling, as the toughest sport around, has an inherent problem with cheating.

Hmmmm. To the opposite scale of things now. Thierry Henry, remember him? Scoring on his return to 'my' club, was so so so sooooo special, it is almost better than winning the cup, itself. Maybe.




No comments:

Post a Comment