Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 27 January 2012

Out of breath...

I am now the proud owner of a bike!! I think. Well an indoor, stationary bike. The cheque has been sent(not sure whether processed or not), I have the bike in my flat, game on. I cycle for 20 minute sessions, around 4 times a week. I make no comparisons at all, but, do remember that laps of the park did used to take around 20/25 minutes, i think. I won't bore everyone with facts and figures regularly. I do know that for general fitness it is perhaps best to be spinning a gear at around 50rpm. However, i prefer to ride, testing myself, pushing a higher gear to increase leg power, only possible at a lower speed of around 35/40 rpm. Today, I was unsuccessful in beating my previous record (usually my target). Aerobically, i was tested as i sung along with both Mr Gallagher and Mr Morrison, accompanying vocals for the two tracks below. I then gave up singing for the second half of my ride, but remained out of breath!
Comments and queries on my bike and cycling habit are welcome.




A shorter version of 'The End' was listened to.

I have checked my bank account, and the cheque has been processed. YAY! IT IS MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment