Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 28 January 2012

As I was saying ... I must admit ...

Hellooo! I type this post unusually, away from my familiar 'flat' surroundings, as i stay tonight at my parents'. Fear not, I do have coffee. It may not be as good as mine, hehehe, but hey.

Believe it or not, I did try to post this all in the post below (with news about my bike), but for some reason the blog was halted, i got tired, and went to bed.

Anyway, I must admit that i do now regularly listen to my ipod in 'shuffle' mode. I realise that i have previously stated, on this blog, of my beliefs, that shuffled music is bad. However, the lack of continuity in a shuffle, allows for the listener to learn the true strength of an individual song, feel the intensity of a song for its duration, and pick favourites. It also allows one to rediscover a song unexpectedly, as it may have been forgotten.

"Get into the 21st century Patrick." I hear you all cry. I am trying. Music evolves, as does the way we listen to/experience it, I have to deal with it, and admit that i still am stuck in traditions that I used to have as a student, when everyone used to listen to CDs (remember them?).

I realise that I must also admit to the chance of my involvement in my Bus/Ramp/Fall incident (explained on this blog). I have used buses since my accident, with apprehension, and have realised that there is a chance that my positioning of my wheelchair on the bus, could have been better. I maintain that the bus-ramp used, was dodgy and did invite problems. Unfortunately, I duly accepted to be the problem.

My fascination with, and total enjoyment of, pedal pushing, leads me to the question:
Is there a pedal-powered wheelchair out there. I cannot self propel using both arms, but there is more possibility of leg-power. Hmmm mmm mmmm mmm..................

My physiotherapist provided me with the greatest excuse to keep up with the singing. 'Increasing my core strength', apparently. So
LALALALALALAAAALALALAAAA!
I realise that now i have more physical ability and vocal power has enhanced (compared to lying in hospital). Now unable to play my beloved guitar (which i held so dearly),instead of playing along to The Verve, I sing. I admit that it can be more difficult with Radiohead (all words are known). I have to be extra careful attempting to sing Jeff Buckley, that i have no audience, but hey.

I have created a feeble excuse, when it comes to my slow (but regular) pace of drinking a mug of coffee. Even though it may result in a cold coffee, when finished, 'I am letting my coffee breathe'. I feel that often taste can often be over-powered by the heat of a very hot coffee.

Anyway, not that you really care, I carry on. My final note in this post, is telling you all of my belief in 'fate'. Now, I admit that this may be seen as a week way of taking comfort in bad events. It is the only way to accept that "shit happens". I don't believe that we can closely predict/foretell our fate, but everything can be seen as happening for a reason. Therefore some events can seem destined to happen, but we cannot predict these. Got it?......
....Er right, .....maybe...  

No comments:

Post a Comment