Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 6 December 2011

Winter

Please play the music, whilst reading the blog.





Good, a good bit of atmospheric music, hopefully combining with my seasonal blog layout, providing a winter essence for you. Maybe. Thank you Sigur Ros.
Having already entered the christmas season, with a tree decorated, cards sent and presents bought, my christmas music is not a 'Smash Hits Compilation' featuring endless Cliff Richard and Slade. Instead I seem to find much greater joy in the winter sounds brought to me listening to two of Iceland's biggest acts, Sigur Ros, and Bjork. I may sound like some stupid art student, but they honestly do help me to feel more of a winter mood (entailing christmas).
I realise that these two acts could be considered 'too difficult to listen to', which is a shame. If people would just give them the time. I don't listen to their albums as collections of songs, being so atmospheric, an album needs to almost experienced as background music. Top quality stuff though. Icelandic music needs more research.

On a completely different note (partly), I found to my joy, today that in the two shops i was in earlier today (in Kingston), I was asked if i wanted a plastic carrier bag. The more people who realise that there is a serious over-use of polyethylene carrier bags in society today, the better. Although accepting the first offer, i declined a bag being offered when i bought my Bjork album.
I needed the first to carry the tree decorations i had bought. Christmas Trees are a tradition, fair enough. But to illuminate your whole home with dayglow colours is disgusting and wrong. For me. I am refraining from lights on my Christmas Tree (a lot cheaper, more stylish, safer). I remember the fascination with them, as a child, but we don't remain children forever.   

No comments:

Post a Comment