Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 3 December 2011

Merry Christmas holiday!

Please forgive the 'early' christmas wishes. I realise that they may be seen as over the top. The truth is that this year I realise that I am old enough to decide when I want to celebrate the festive season. I have already done christmas shopping, I have my tree and will be able to relax in the knowledge that I have no need to join the 'christmas rush' in a couple of weeks. Christmas is a season period, climaxing on one day. It is a special day but as previously explained, it is much much better to be allowed to enjoy the festive period without having to dread experiencing the commercial centre with similar crowds. I would seriously rather enjoy the Christmas period like this than feel the pressure to really really enjoy one day.

I take no sugar in my coffee, and to disagree with the words of David Byrne, I do not take sweetener either!




I realise that I am quite unusual in this, but I find that sugar totally ruins the perfect taste of a good cup of coffee. I won't start going on, sorry.

I have another complaint. I don't know the man, his name or whatever, but if the toilet door is locked he needs to understand that someone else is using it. Grrrr, sorry.

I am slightly disillusioned, as I have just finished a very good book on the problem that is 'drugs in cycling'. I have long thought that i could cope with this problem, accepting that cheating is human nature, but i realise that this has caused me to expect a problem throughout sport, and there isn't. Has the sport of professional cycling, ruined every sport for me? I thought it had, but this can't be right. Is it just cycling? No, tennis, athletics,swimming, there ARE problems in other sports. But, pro cyclists are 'expected' to cheat. Oh i don't know.








No comments:

Post a Comment