Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 10 September 2011

meow!!.....


As many would know, i have a soft spot for feline friends. I took the above photo, on thursday, as i was on the way to work. I know not, who he/she belongs to, only that it greeted me as i was in a rush to grab an espresso and then the bus to Twickenham. I am quite aware that should a black cat cross your path in a certain direction, then you are blessed with good/bad luck (i don't know which way for which luck, irrelevant because i passed it, and the black cat did not cross my path, as the photo suggests). Anyway, as soon as i slightly spilt my espresso 5mins later, i knew that the black cat had worked his spell successfully on me, that was it, I was due no more bad luck from this meeting.

I often type on this blog as a form of therapy. If there is an issue on my mind, I will type part of it on this blog, and thankfully, I know that somewhere, sometime, someone will hear what is said (typed). I have passed through a temporary time of feeling a bit down, and all is ok, but, just like everyone else, my "life's an ocean, too much commotion, and too much emotion, dragging me down". There,  proof that music plays a big affect on me (Life's an Ocean, A Northern Soul, The Verve)



Anyway, when down, I often rely on my 'Get-Out clause' - 'I am lucky just to be here, so everything that happens is a positive for myself'. I also know that I should consider myself lucky that I can call on this clause. Most humans never do consider this. We are all lucky (like it or not). Something that may be considered a negative experience, is still an experience and therefore a positive.

Confused? I think I am, so I return to notes on my phone. I must admit that by telling far too many compliments too random good looking girls, i feel down. Whilst i tell myself it can only be good, providing people with compliments, i begin to feel that i am seen as 'the weirdo who has no chance'. So although, i feel that i am providing a positive, I MUST learn to keep my mouth shut. I must remember to accept fate, must stop trying to form my own and must stop aiming to reach my desired destiny. We only have so much force/power.

Sorry, I'll stop there. Take care,  

No comments:

Post a Comment