Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 14 May 2011

The drugs don't work....

.... they just make you worse, but I know that I'll see your face again,...
No, sorry, I just have to make a 'drugs' reference because unusually, i type this on the weekend, and i type because my note was made yesterday as i thought about this issue. It may seem dulll and boring, or weird, whacky, as if i am stoned. It was on the way home from my local cafe, on friday 13th, hmmmmm.

Ok, whatever, who cares? Focus. It is very important for people to realise that making a smile (or 'smiling') should never be too much effort. I thought of this as I was halfway home, along the riverside. I try (no, naturally do, i hope) to wear a smile when going about town or wherever. I fortunately realise that smiling at totally random strangers (everyone) as they go past, can be positive. By making a deliberate smile at someone, can be nice, or quite down-putting/insulting, i feel. However, just wearing a smile is a good positive statement of self-content.
It was as i travelled back, that i realised, as the sun was out, most people seemed warm and full of self-content. However one can quickly and easily recognise discontent and coldness (the opposite characteristics), in those people who do not just wear a smile.
The note that I made was that 'a smile should never be too much effort'. This perhaps explains why a 'forced' smile is not positive, but if detected, could be depressing.

Enough smiling. stop saying cheeeeeeeeeese! Right, sorry. Coffee's finished, I continue to talk random rubbish, here goes...
I know that I regularly go on about how lucky I am etc. I do need to constantly tell myself, taking an 'out-of-body', 'external' view on everything, me, people, the world, and prospective futures. I often feel that typing this blog helps force me to look on things objectively. Anyway, to look positively (the only way), my life is a plus. I shouldn't be here, but thankfully, I am. To be honest, I often feel like I am experiencing an 'after life'. I am in 'bonus' time. Physically disabled, yes, no job at the moment, no wife or girlfriend, no (or very little) pressure. 'Bonus' time.


No comments:

Post a Comment