Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 10 March 2011

Hmmmmm (that's my thought, my mind)

RAAAAAAAAHH!!
Right that's a reaction.

I'm sorry, as I know everyone means well. Right, where do i begin?
Right, Arsenal lost to Barcelona. Booooo. Right, people lose, and? The referee unfairly cheated on us, destroying a wonderful game. I leave Arsene and Samir to fight that battle.

Point two. Girls. Problem. I know that I wrongly use my wheelchair as an excuse, or a reason not to look harder. So it's all my fault now. The truth is I was quite comfortable with my girlfriend, and needn't 'look around' for the last 3 or 4 years before my accident. Now, I need to look, hard.

3. Girls. Girls are mothers, not girls anymore. Tends to mean married. No go zone. I grow older.

4. Lack of social activity. My friends are all incredibly powerful and good for me, but a lack of activity can affect anything. I admit that essentially it is up to me to suggest things as people do not know what is/isn't possible.

5. A lot of planning is required by things. Now, things can be done, but planning is needed, often doubled, tripled (etc) depending on who is involved.

6. I'm afraid the new Beady Eye album does not seem to live up to my expectations (I listen to it as I type). But maybe. No, definitely. Hmm definitely maybe.

7. Right, I stop because it is of no help, typing why I feel 'down', making things worse than they really are. Arsenal now have less games to congest their fixture list. They need not fear a Chelski, Man U, or a potentially horrific loss to the other English team. 90% focus on the premiership. I want.

I am a student, having got great joy out of my latest 'web design' class, being introduced to Dreamweaver. It seems to be the gold that i have been searching for. The trouble is that it costs a large pot of the stuff. Investigation is needed.

I look back at where i've come from, whenever I see a person being pushed around in a wheelchair by a nurse or carer. I thank everyone (essentially, myself)

Having visited Richmond today, I realise how lucky I am, here in Surbiton, Kingston. The borough really does get my thumbs up for their consideration of wheelchair usage.

My playlist (that's right, Itunes playlist, no longer a cd stuck in my hifi), runs into ' The King of Limbs' (new radiohead). A good example of some totally new, forward thinking music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment