Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Tuesday 18 January 2011

expression of thoughts....

Fear not, this isn't a post complaining about anyone individual, as maybe suggested by the title. I feel that I should own up. Although I know the  subject of this post already (before typing, unlike previous posts), I should warn that I am armed with yet another strong black coffee, so we shall see the results...
I am 'owning up' to being a bit 'urgghhh'. Since I have lived in a wheelchair, split with my very good girlfriend, and had many many failed attempts with 'the female of the species' (who wrote a song with that title? 'Space' methinks, although probably wrong). Now, in my mind I am passing through my years, trapped to a chair. Believe it or not, although depressing and there are obvious downsides, I've got to try and attempt to turn any flip side into a positive. Not necessarily for me. To cut a long story short, I am trying to create a valid excuse. Whilst out on my own, shopping, I have complimented/flattered girls that I have found very attractive, telling them. Now, I think that this is ok, because they should know that I am not expecting any compliment in return and feel no pressure in doing so. I know that I am 'leagues' (and about 2 or 3 ft) below them, but hopefully they can just take a simple compliment.
What is the harm in trying to be positive? Again, I do not expect anything in return. So essentially, I am correct in trying to turn things into a positive without a negative (no-ones attacked me yet).
Fortunately most are not expecting this so when I say nothing, they do not feel hurt (even though they are the ugliest in the world!)

....sorry, joke

my coffee's cold, I was too busy typing. doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment