Welcome to my blog. It varies how regular I write posts here. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday, 1 October 2026

Over a thousand

 One thousand and thirty eight weeks!

1,029 km

490 thousand


Rapid mental arithmetic is still with me. It is the 1st October, as I type this. Almost two weeks until ‘that day’. October 14th marks 20 years since my life-changing accident. 52 weeks per year. Ten years = 520 weeks, So…1040-2 = 1,038


It has been my aim for the last few years to increase annual distances ridden on my gym bike. 834km in 2024, 910km in 2025, and already 1029km in the first 9 months of this year! Addicted. I never before, when younger, recognised my addiction. Coffee, yes I knew that I loved it, but only now do I recognise that I am addicted. It is only by reading  the latest Sir Bradley Wiggins book ’The Chain’, do I realise how addictive the activity of cycling is. OK, I’m not comparing myself in anyway to British Legend Sir Bradley, but I do admit that very, very large portions of my life seemed to be related in some way to the activity. The book is absolutely amazing, very eye opening. Thank you Bradley.



It shows to me yet more proof that there are ALWAYS unseen aspects to everything, everyone. Just as a story is painted, there is always a second that may never make it, but will balance aspects. No matter how positive things become, negative aspects will always balance them. OK, my ‘bike’ is a very simplified indoor gym-bike. But as long as I turn pedals, I am happy… Over 1000km in 9 months! The info-graphic below, helps to show how obsessed I am! Distance accumulated each month relative with size of circle, Strength of colour, depicts average speeds. 2026 is the first year I have managed to record my activity so accurately! A quarter left unknown! 




The largest of those three values, is the current ‘page-view count’ for this blog. I have never written with the purpose of increasing this, it is just a fairly satisfying statistic! I haven’t really worked out why this is so popular (it’s just my life)! Almost half a million…!!!! It is satisfying to know that I must be doing something right!



...


Now, politics.

I have only recently watched this, and WOW! This country has hope!!!

Thank you Andy.







No comments:

Post a Comment