Welcome to my blog. It varies how regular I write posts here. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday, 5 September 2026

Still here!

 For centuries the death penalty, often accompanied by barbarous refinements, has been trying to hold crime in check; yet crime persists.

Albert Camus


I write this post, with slight apprehension, as it is September, and only the first post of 2026. 

I am still here, and you are still here!

I state such an obvious fact, to alarm people about how globally, we have all suffered terribly. Trump, Farage, Netanyahu and Putin are the four culprits who are largely responsible for such. They successfully prey on the weak, meaning, ultimately everyone but them, will suffer. 

This isn’t a news website, so i can ramble on about my political views, but this is not my aim!


Recent music😋…


https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0030r75/radio-1-at-reading-and-leeds-festival-2026-fontaines-dc



I am 42. I have validly been having a ‘mid-life crisis’ for the past two decades. I am used to hurting when I realise what I haven’t done, or am missing out on… but, hey ‘**** happens’!

Fortunately, I treasure my first life, with such pride and joy.

This latest half is tough, very tough. 

What holds me securely is my mentality. It hurts, my fate, but I should view it just as positively as everyone else does to themselves. Up and Down.


I don’t like to think about my life too much. What haven’t I done?… oh there’s an excuse.

What should I do? Is the effort really worth it…? Why should I try, when I cannot be sure of the result? Life is a game of luck. It is, deal with it.


I am sat riverside, in the autumn breeze. Calm….




As i type 433,700 pageviews! 

(it is Thursday 3rd September as I write)

Mind-blowing

I realise that this probably doesn’t mean such a number of people who actually read the content here, but for me, to have such a mass global ‘pin-prick’ of an effect means so much. I remember the fact that essentially, I started writing this blog as a form of therapy! Almost 16years ago, this  blog was born.


Popularity of the blog has varied, but has proven popular in different places at different times, across the entire world!


Recently, interesting…

I may not have been very active in terms of post-production, in the past year, but…

Over 170,000 in under 10 months 





I recently confirmed to my jazz-connoisseur uncle, that one of my favourite albums is a live recording from 1966 … Thelonious Monk - Live in Paris.





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6NyQwVDa4&list=OLAK5uy_nOekN_j70bBS_n8rgICDzCbvYfZvWUEiU&index=2




I am learning to write with an Apple Pencil.

I was born left-handed but my Acquired Brain Injury has left me with minimal use. Post injury, I had previously become very used to typing single-handed. Now I write right-handed, as best I can! Keyboards have let me down, failing after a matter of weeks. The pencil  also allows me to 




No comments:

Post a Comment