Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 27 July 2023

It is happening

 




PJ Harvey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDfM6bhKMc





I open this post with a leading track from PJ Harvey’s new album ‘I Inside the Old Year Dying’. Released at the beginning of this month, although young, it definitely has already pushed itself to the forefront of this year’s playlist, for me. Like many, I first fell for the music of PJ Harvey at the start of this millenium (with her album ‘Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea’). I have since bought every album which she has released, my personal favourite being ‘White Chalk’ (released September 2007, so a very welcome voice in my ear, as I left hospital post-coma!) 



It is happening


Climate-change… It is happening. People who deny this are so weak that they must live with their eyes/ears-closed. Europe is suffering. I’m not beginning to discuss the issues felt around the rest of the world (climate-change effects have been felt everywhere for years/decades). Those who ignore this global disaster deserve nothing. We are all, only just, recognising our mistakes. Our world is burning!




It is a fairly well-known fact that our wide-use of plastics is resulting in a negative impact on our need for oil, fossil fuels, and therefore our global emissions are far too high, affecting our climate. If one takes a step-back, we must realise that global emissions are produced by a large-range of other sources too. Plastic is intended to last forever, so, littering our planet, harming life everywhere, but as George Monbiot stated, there are other vital ways we can all help our planet.




If we all went vegan overnight, we would draw down or counteract sufficient carbon equal to 19 years worth of global emissions.

George  Monbiot


British people state we live in a democracy. We are lucky to believe such. 

However, we must all be aware that our governing parliament is not fully democratic. Citizens of this country can only democratically vote for representatives in ‘The House Of Commons’. Parliament also uses ‘The House Of Lords’, membership of which is definitely not selected by us citizens. 26 seats are given to Bishops from the Church of England .


This is an extremely unusual and anti-democratic set-up, which has a negative influence on the quality and character of British politics. The only two sovereign states in the world to award clerics of the established religion votes in their legislatures are the UK and the Islamic Republic of Iran (a totalitarian theocracy).


https://humanists.uk/campaigns/secularism/constitutional-reform/bishops-in-the-lords/


We pay through our taxes for our NHS, but our money is being stolen, misused.

How the Conservatives are crippling our NHS…

Please watch...

https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2023/july/5/doctor-exposes-plan-to-destroy-nhs-75






Current book being read is shown below. It is full of wisdom, explaining truths that some people find too hard to accept. I cannot rate this book highly enough. Utterly brilliant.





No comments:

Post a Comment