Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 4 March 2022

Control

It sounds rubbish to say, but I don’t have any goals or aims in life that I have control of.


Perhaps one is to keep progressing with my Physiotherapy. This will last forever, and will not have an ‘end point’. 

I will just forever surprise myself.


A regular at certain ‘venues’, more, and more people greet me like we know each other well!

There is always a line. Conversation rarely goes beyond half-a-dozen sayings.

This is why I type here. No, this blog doesn’t go deep. It’s a one-way conversation. I am fed up explaining to people ‘what happened’, but I am desperate for my ‘normality’ to be known.

I graduated twice (second time, comatose, but this just adds to the story). Graphic design work that I occasionally get, brings me great satisfaction, but I work from home! I may then reject the concept of requiring to commute in rush-hours, whilst maintaining Physiotherapy tasks. Oh, and yes, I have an ABI.

What do I do?

Many, many, of you are highly valued by myself. No, you all are!

However i am fed-up.


Hahahah, I reread and it seems that obviously I was feeling under-par when I wrote that note earlier in the week.

The note remains, because this is my rule!


Music 

Music is the answer 

If music be the food of love, I shall play on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFdKhtGOZdM




Thom Yorke sings an old 'UNKLE' tune that was originally released in 1998, on the 'Psyence Fiction' album (with DJ Shadow and James Lavelle). 



A current favourite group Fontaines DC, release their new album on 22/04/22


22nd April … https://fontainesdc.bandcamp.com




Sempre con noi DA13

Always with us.



Four years ago, to the day, 04/03/18 Fiorentina captain Davide Astori passed away, aged 31. A central defender, a captain, an Italian international, both Italian Society and Football faced a huge loss, 

No comments:

Post a Comment