Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 4 February 2022

live for NOW

 We only ever experience the NOW

It is obviously important to plan futures, but do not rely on them. No-one should have 100% assurance on anything. Embrace what you can, be grateful for what you have.

Live for NOW!


The future is terrifying 









... Have a coffee. 

;)




Sometimes, when total strangers greet me, smile, or nod at me like they know me…

It can be good

It can be bad

So, essentially, this must be considered as a positive. If I am considered as ‘friendly’ or ‘approachable’, surely this is a good thing for someone now limited to a wheelchair? People always seem willing to help, if required.

As ever, the possibility of the opposite aspect must be recognised. 

…Too much? I am my own person. No-one can attempt to really understand how I feel. Am I looked down on by almost everyone? Do I seem that unable or disabled to do anything? Am I really considered so low?


Fate, your must just accept yours. Learn to live it, be proud of it. Use it the way you best see fit. No-one has the right to pass judgment, as every fate is unique. Those who find a positive for themselves, by judging and citing negatives in others, shall be awaiting a negative themselves.


Live YOUR life. You only get to experience one. Do not be weak, desperate to live another’s. Live and experience only yours. Keep pride in the way that you live YOUR life. Never compare yourself with anyone. Everyone is different, therefore all comparisons are untrue.


The link below is to a brilliant supplier of many ‘eco-friendly’ products.

https://www.reco.shop

I love this shop

Reco are on a mission to champion the switch from a Single-use mindset to Multi-use one.’





Respect to the new ‘Team Cofidis’ jersey!

I have been a lifelong fan of professional cycling, and am a graphic designer, hence the old website that I link to below!

http://coloursofthepeloton-pg.blogspot.com

As a big fan of both, I can comfortably say that I have never seen a sponsor using anything but the optimum position, to clearly display/advertise the name.

This new 'Cofidis' jersey! Hmmmmm, maybe not the clearest design, but I give full approval for brave ingenuity!

The team just have to live up to it now!!





No comments:

Post a Comment