Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 5 December 2019

very, VERY drunk!

A very strange post, this week. One week before the most vital General Election, ever. You all should know my view and who I support. I am not going to force-feed you electioneering propaganda. It is your decision, and I continue to respect that.
I feel that I must warn you that any singular government, lasts atleast 4 or 5 years, until the next General Election. Many of the ‘Global Capacities’, are internationally recognised as being on course for being reached by 2030! Are we to continue nose-diving down this suicidal sluice, or will we be given an escape-route? 

So, last Thursday I underwent surgery for the third time this year! My broken ankle described here, a couple of weeks ago (we cannot allow this)...
... The bone was healing, but healing back into the wrong position!

A short wait, then surgery was had, followed by a few nights held in, to ‘recover’. I was given vital help, obviously, but I did require a lot of mental strength throughout these few days...
What have I done, to deserve this?’
Come on, ‘this’ is NOTHING compared to your previous stays.
...
Everyone has different problems.
The old man in the bed opposite  was asleep during the day (poor visitors could only be told of his act throughout the night times). He would awaken, and start at about 9.30pm, stopping at dawn. Every other patient in the room was kept awake all night. What did he do? Well, tell out the same short story again and again. Not in clear English, but broken. Muttering much. No-one could even attempt to understand anything. Occasionally, you would hear a clear statement.
Difficult. The gentleman was lying in his bed, speaking in great detail, very politely. But totally incompressible.
How to stay sane: Very difficult, so I started to smile to myself as I relived the following...
Of course I was very, very drunk!’
As i listened, I would expect to hear the above sentence!


Unsurprisingly my medical values and recordings, were proving to be difficult for hospital doctors to accept. For some reason they could not recognise that deep surgery had been followed by two sleepless nights. My call for coffee was serious... However...
They...
Banned me from visiting the cafe!
Hehehe... WHAT!!?! They were scared that I may have a bad reaction, and didn’t want me out of their sight!
Yet another ban from a coffee shop.

Thankfully,  I survived. 

I was so happy to reach home, and use my Bialetti Moka https://www.bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express-c-1_7_22.html). Everyone falls in love with their ‘Moka’. Embrace it. The wonderful semantics that this device offers, are unbeatable. Use again, and again, and again, and as you learn how to handle it, your coffee improves!



...
Finally!
As the popularity of coffee-capsules increase, so does the level of permanent waste which humans create, by using such. Finally users can be encouraged to interact more with the drink that they produce, and waste is almost nullified!

Evergreen reusable coffee capsules https://www.evergreen-capsules.com/





After following an account of David Mitchell's fans, on instagram, a very brief research on YouTube. Legendary!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment