Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 July 2019

(Sorry Donald)

Le Tour de France
Ok, I have remained unusually quiet recently, regarding Professional Cycling, following Chris Froome’s horrific training crash. ‘La Grande Boucle’ starts tomorrow, without the British favourite.  The race is taking a twisted route through France, compared to a usual clockwise or anti-clockwise loop around. The map below shows how the route is starting in Belgium, and racing through the Alsace region, before sweeping across the centre, to tackle the Pyrenees, leaving Alpine stages very late. Instead of a regular Time-Trial on the penultimate day, this year’s race is wrapped up by a difficult Alpine stage up to Val Thorens (stage 20, of 21).

Le Tour

Claustrophobic doom! 
+ HEAT
I felt an unnerving panic, that was totally stupid and undeserving, on this past Saturday. I am not continuing to explain in great detail, but basically I could not leave my flat temporarily, on a hot summers day. Plus, therefore my current favourite coffee shop, would have to be missed. 
WHATTTT!!?… (panic stations)! 
Hmmm, the heat must’ve got to me!



Finally Britain could feel some summer heat in this past week. British people should never complain about the weather. We are a tiny island in the middle of a temperate climate. Other locations are not so lucky. The example of shock weather, given below, really should provide the rest of the entire world, AN ALARM! We are playing with the limits of the global climate. It can easily show us examples of it’s power.
THIS IS NOT A WAR WE CAN WIN! (Sorry Donald) 




‘Are you ok navigating backwards?’
‘I’m a pro’
The question and the answer I gave whilst I carefully reversed my wheelchair out of a tiny London coffee shop (http://independentcoffeeshops.blogspot.com/p/new-row-espresso-room.html).

After two months off (in hospital, injured), I became slightly apprehensive of my wheelchair control, but now I breathe a sigh of relief that ‘I’m a pro, I do it for a living!’


YOU SHOULD NOT PUT SUGAR OR SWEETENER IN YOUR COFFEE!!!

Design for dis-assembly 
I am lucky to have had my education, but now my current awareness/knowledge can hurt me. As Industrial Design students, we were always encouraged to consider the product’s ‘end-of-life’. We did (maybe not as much as one must, but we did).
Whenever I shop now, I ALWAYS ponder what I will do with the waste that it creates. There is ALWAYS waste. 
Products are best when the user can break to be recycled…
If not directly re-used, then, product parts must fall easily into material groups. Materials can be broken down and re-used for alternative app
Two regular, everyday products that always alarm me now…





Blood test results back on eve-of-Grand Depart!
I must head to the doctors after I have finished typing this. I will get my blood test results back. 

It amuses me that I am doing this on the eve of the Tour de France, but it is a total coincidence (honest)! I am clean. My blood was tested following a short time on an unusual combination of drugs, preceding and following hip surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment