Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 June 2019

Why?

Last Sunday, the world of road-cycling saw a momentous victory. Relatively unknown at the start in Bologna, Ecuadorian, Richard Carapaz was prestigiously, and deservedly sporting the Maglia Rosa in  the Verona finale. Holding Vincenzo Nibali into second place, a major sporting success for an Ecuadorian, is rare and hard fought. 

Champion Carapaz is centre stage, in Verona's Roman theatre!

Carapaz was the first non-British rider victorious in a Grand Tour (Tours of Italy, France, Spain) since Tom Dumoulin’s Giro D’Italia victory of 2017 (5 races of British victors)!
I am British, but I am also a fan of the professional sport, I welcome an end to this domination!

George Monbiot, as many of you know already, is a hero of mine. He is not afraid to voice his well thought-out opinions, on many of the biggest issues which we all face. No-one else talks about them, suggesting that they are either too scared of failure, or too self-centred to care enough. I know that many of you don’t like him. He speaks the truth, and unfortunately for some, the truth hurts. 
Capitalism is broken






Bring your own containers, says Waitrose - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48498346

News broke, earlier in the week, that one of Britain’s largest submarket chains, Waitrose, are taking problems seriously. By seriously reducing packaging, the store have helped to start the ball rolling. I mean that by introducing this basic concept regarding ‘our need of packaging’, others will copy, and slowly customer awareness of packaging will reign supremely.
What is every customer actually buying?
Is it all NEEDED?
What are we gaining, and therefore taking, from somewhere else?
WE CANNOT TAKE/GET FOREVER

The main issue surrounding serious over-use of packaging in supermarkets, had affected me for  long while previously…
I thought about it. Yes, plastics do keep things fresh (vital in a food supermarket).
OK, but what is sold in plastic, but doesn’t need to be kept so fresh?…
Meat? No.
Milk? No (but different problem altogether)
Fruit/Veg? Sold in plastic, but freshness is an issue.
Everything …
-- Breakfast Cereal?!!! Cardboard boxes, but, why plastic bags as well? 
— Toilet/Kitchen paper?!!! Why? Is this needed to keep fresh?!!

OK, two things. I wanted to confront any supermarket! 
WHY?

I had told my local Sainsburys… 
I could see that breakfast cereal packaging needed to be revolutionised...
So I sent the above, to Sainsburys HQ, April 02nd

Accept this, or not, WE NEED TREES.
As Britain, it is our global duty to provide a large proportion of tree-cover. We are a rich island, in a temperate climate. Our climate is almost designed towards tree growth. We are not suited towards desserts, ice caps, barrier reefs, or even exotic rainforests of the equator. We are supposed to have extensive quantities of green trees.



We are an island, surrounded by water, therefore we will always receive rainfall. Sun plus rain equals tree growth. Britain must learn to accept our global location, and start loving what we can produce.
Please sign this quick'n'easy petition...

Last note, of this week’s post, explaining how Fiorentina fans can happily welcome the team forward into a new era! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment