Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 April 2019

Do Your Bit!

Welcome to my blog. It really does vary how regularly i provide posts. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)

I include the above paragraph, as a copy of this blog's introductory text. This is probably not viewed on mobile phones, yet i realise that many, many of you read my blog through mobile devices.

My 6-month sleep was timed conveniently. I remember the joy of buying a music ‘album’. It was always so much more than a collection of songs. Most albums had an essence. One could experience an album a lot more than just hearing the songs. Now, such things have changed. Whilst I may miss purchasing albums in such a way, I now recognise how harmful such consumption of non-biodegradable goods, is to our planet.

I find it depressing that I WILL ALWAYS be the outsider. Acceptance of wheelchairs, and their users, is always growing. However, even once I have progressed out of the need, I will always know myself as ‘different’. No one knows, wants to know, or is able to know my mind. I am alone, and may well be alone forever. I can feel that I am caught in the middle between a ‘nobody’, and ‘myself as I want to be.’



The issue that is shocking/upsetting me the most at the moment, ‘plastic’. It upsets me that humanity was so incredibly slow to realise that there is also a negative aspect to this ‘magical material’. Bakelite was first developed just over a century ago (1907 in USA). It revolutionised almost everything. Modernist design exploded in vast popularity, across the world. Other plastics were soon developed. After two World Wars, nations had only one more ‘final frontier’. Research, Design and Technology continued to develop at such an incredible pace that, just 62 years later, humanity set foot elsewhere, on our moon. Development of everything has continued, at a speed which is seemingly constantly increasing.
It hurts me, that NO-ONE of any global power, has halted (or even ‘slowed’) this development, by recognising that there must be a defect, or a problem. 
We all know the benefits of plastic. It should surprise no-one that there are negative aspects alongside the positive aspects. ALWAYS.
Only very recently, have we largely recognised an effect on the world’s climate. Our news reports to us the horrors of ‘natural disasters’...
Are they really ‘natural’, when humanity has darted away from realities, remaining ignorant of their possibility?
When do we halt, and call ‘EMERGENCY’!!?
Humanity has ‘dug itself a hole’. We cannot be bothered to get out, so we just keep on digging. Governments only exist for up to around 4/5 years. A government is not going to take an action to save us in the next generation, or their children. Leaders only ever think about the current generation!
I am not prepared to be part of ‘the generation who failed humanity’!



I ask you to do your bit!
Whenever I am in the supermarket (centres of consumption), I feel absolutely no hesitation in querying sustainability issues, with head staff. Please do the same. Do not hesitate, shops need customers. As more and more people repeat concerns, changes will happen. Competitor stores will have to follow suit, and slowly industries will change!




Brexit. I sense that even the most unlikely of people may begin to sympathise with Theresa May. I must remind you that she chose to step up to the position of ‘Prime-Minister’ , only because she was obviously considered to be determined enough(bloody-minded enough) by other Tories, to drag this country through a Brexit that was Cameron’s fault. She has not won anywhere near enough General Elections, but no-one has taken her place! This is not a nice process. The rise of Farage, UKIP, and the far-right was allowed, and few people recognise that this is now the 21st Century, we need Progressives not Regressives!  

Britain is led away from Europe, by a Theresa May, who paints her wonderful vision, which only she can see, causing disastrous chaos which affects everyone else.’
...My analysis of...
‘Red Lines’ is the amazing cartoon, by Ella Brown, in recent edition of The TLS.


On a lighter note, I want to promote the Peter Crouch podcast! I am an Arsenal fan, so I was fairly apprehensive to listen (he is ex Tottenham, Liverpool, and Stoke)! It is, however, very good. Well worth a listen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment