Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 February 2019

...Leading the way


My brain...
My blog...
My thoughts...

Our biggest problem
The biggest problem that the world faces, is the ridiculous state of ‘lack-of-action’. More and more people are becoming aware of environmental issues, but this list of issues seems to continue to grow infinitely? More and more problems are discovered, just as populations are learning about older ones. 
How do humans slow this ‘list growth’? How can we potentially catch up? 
Well we must fasten tight laws on future design, production, and growth. Expansion is finite, and this must be recognised! Expansion cannot, and will not last forever. All ecological laws must apply across the world, to EVERYONE (yes, even you Donald)!
Oh but ‘I want, I want, I want’...
We will all have to face restrictions. Restrictions and restraints now, or severe disability and destruction in the future?
Planet Earth is a globe. A three-dimensional, spherical, ball-like object. It is one. Some very slow nations are led by people who fail to understand this. Every nation, worldwide must agree with each other, that we face these problems. Everyone must realise that these problems can only attempt to be solved, if the ENTIRE GLOBE works together as one. Every nation must realise that we do not live in the second Millenium anymore. We are done with in-fighting. We have discovered no aliens or a ‘final-frontier’. There is only one enemy that can defeat humanity. Ourselves.
The biggest problem is ourselves. We will never defeat ourselves intentionally, but we could easily suffer from ourselves insurmountably .

Plastic and Carbon-Free
A grand goal set by a relatively small country, shows that the correct attitude is held by so many! Where there’s a will, there’s a way!


If you choose to lead the way successfully, thank you Costa Rica.
Wow!

Advantage of Cycling
I clearly remember a thought that was forever in my head, whilst riding my bicycle.
‘I love this so much. It gives me so much. I owe it so much… One day, something will happen to me.’
I always felt this, very strongly.
I wake up from my coma, and realise that ‘I was right, scores have been settled’! Not fully, but I can now recognise how ‘cycling’ has bitten back.

I still have a strong love, for cycling, and forever will do. I know that cycling has done, and continues to give me so much. It formed many essences of me as a human being (pride, determination, competitiveness, fitness etc). I am still a ‘cyclist’, but ‘a former cyclist’. I remember scrambling to kick my bike to safety, ahead of the oncoming car. It survived. It needed a service, but it survived! Now, cycling remains as part of me. I love it, and will always do so, and I will always defend it from attackers (which there are many).






Strongly supported by Kingston Green Party...

No comments:

Post a Comment