Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 December 2018

Protect, Progress, Pass on...

STRESS!!!!!
'Derby d'Italia'
experience the present. NOW!



  • Don’t ‘just put in a takeaway cup’!!!!
  • STRESS!!!!! (Shops should be made to charge extra for supplying these bits of instantaneous plastic rubbish)!
  • Stay, drink in. 
  • Lazy greed, destroys.
  • ...please!



Derby days
Always a lover of the beautiful game, i recognise that it is the time of year when key derbies have been scheduled in many countries. As an Arsenal fan, I am very content with recent results (drawing away to Man Utd, after a wonderful destruction of Spurs, last weekend). Tonight, in Italy...
'Derby d'Italia' - Juventus v Inter Milan



  • My mind is constantly working, using an effort that I am quite aware, few others recognise. 
  • Sometimes an effort, but occasionally it comes naturally, or it results from being able to view things from more than one aspect. 
  • My education in design was forever encouraging my brain to cope with problems of numerous aspects. One must choose to view problems and solutions, whilst always considering the opposing reaction.
  • My initial graduate qualification, in ‘Industrial Design and Technology’, almost constantly involved students tackling projects which asked for concentration on both artistic creativity, and logical maths/physics.
  • My ability to balance these two aspects helped in my later Graduate Certificate (Design for Visual Communication).
  • I have, very fortunately, been able to rely on this recognition of numerous aspects, throughout initial rehabilitation from my Traumatic ABI.
  • There are opposing aspects of everything. I recognise many problems or negative issues that I face, but then importantly, I flip them and try to focus on  the positive aspect. 
Things always have a number of essences. Focus on the most positive and most appropriate, and but ALWAYS recognise the opposing result.

Monday morning tune - 'I am so tired of playing, playing with this bow and arrow'


Portishead - Glory Box

Wohhh!!!’
My hand says HALT! 
The man opposing me, seems to ignore my warning, and  continues to cross the road. 
The approaching car eventually foresees the eventual hazard, and slows down. Two seconds later, the man turns his head to see the car, he continued striding across the road.
Oblivious to the danger, he crossed successfully, but terrified me!
Two seconds from the end!
It seems that some people may ignore warning cries from those in a wheelchair! 
Alternatively, he was oblivious to everyone, including me! 

An image created for a good friend's birthday, last week. A fellow feline lover! 'Luca' is combination of black fur, with a white front...


Ohhhhh!
Honestly, I don’t think that anyone can ever fully rehabilitate from a Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury. I have lost, so much.
This cannot be the way anyone’s mind settles. Yes, I recognise that I have lost so much, but I am still here with just as much chance as everyone else to experience a tomorrow. 
No-one knows exactly how tomorrow will be. 
In that sense, everyone is equal. 
One predicts, but cannot simultaneously experience. Everyone can only experience living one-life. One can only ever truly experience the present. NOW!
We must do what we can to protect our experiences. A life will end, but a progressive soul can live on forever. Humans will always primarily learn from past experiences.
Protect. 
Progress.
Pass on.  


It is EVERYONE’S DUTY to protect human existence. Humans need this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment