Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 November 2018

Thank you David!

100 years.
Remember.
111118

By wearing a red poppy, one is in NO WAY attempting to glorify anything. 
It is a symbol remembrance and respect only. 
Please do not create any other meanings. 

Sorry about last week’s post. It proves that this blog is an accurate representation of my mind! My mind was so entangled in Sartre’s theory of existentialism, it flooded out here! I hope that I made sense (it makes sense in my head)!
I know that I regularly flip things, to view them as ‘positives’, and I definitely do this with the ‘page-view count’ of this past week (surprisingly low). Last week’s post was very different (subject-matter), which tells me that this blog is actually read correctly, by many, many of you! My usual weekly posts are concerning issues in my everyday life, I create the report, you read. This causes great satisfaction, telling me that my words are read comprehensively! Thank you!


View web version
  • So many of you view this on a mobile phone, meaning that you are missing out on my ‘right-sidebar’ (full of wonderful bits, obviously)!... 
  • So I urge you to scroll to the bottom, and ‘view web version’!


My new music discovery, this week, has been a Dutch four-piece ‘Pip Blom’.

This solid rock band has been around a few years,  but recently released the driving rock sounds on ‘Paycheck EP’.
Lead song - ’The Shed’

Pip Blom - Paycheck


Past Sunday evening, saw Alessio Romagnoli (AC Milan captain, centre-back) score the only goal in his club’s clash, away at Udinese. The match was tight, the goal arriving late, 7-minutes into stoppage time. The saviour of his side 5 days earlier, at Milan’s San-Siro, versus Genoa, Romagnoli had successfully repeated his feat!

Bravo Alessio!
V Genoa 31st October (91st min, 1-2 winner)
V Udinese 4th November (97th min, 1-0 winner)
All of the centre-back’s last three goals, have been in stoppage time.

Introduced to the music style, whilst at university, I continue to feel love for it, when I am in the mood!
When in the mood, I NEED IT...
I subscribe to the ‘DeepHouseCat’ podcast, so I always have sounds ready, when needed!
Feel it. There is nothing as pure as a deep, solid, 4x4 house beat.
Music, like nothing else can attempt to match... 
Have a listen... https://www.dhcat.com

Fruit juice packaging 
Supermarkets seem to be stocking fruit juices predominantly in plastic bottles, stored refrigerated. These more exotic tastes may seem more appealing, but plastic bottles are becoming the norm! This is dangerous.
We must REDUCE plastic use, not increase!
Whilst we can easily recycle low-grade plastics used in milk bottles, these higher-quality, expensive fruit juice drinks remain questionable.

The unfortunate thing is, it is the fashion now.
I even spot, the worst (a mixture of both). Even some regular juice cartons, slyly include plastic windows...
The card carton may get recycled, but whilst contaminated by a permanent plastic window. This contamination will affect a whole portion of ‘cardboard recycling’.
Polymers never die.

A big issue on my mind recently...
What really happens to the material that we place in our recycle bins? I live in London, where does my ‘recycling’ go?
Wise up to waste http://www.wiseuptowaste.org.uk/recycle/what-happens-to-my-recycling/ - This may be a North London website, but ‘what happens to the things you recycle’ is an intriguing page.
Basically, it seems that the largest portion of it gets traded, heading abroad as an export.
To be totally honest, I am not sure how I feel about this. As a diplomatic, progressive individual, I cannot see a problem. It is only a FURTHER EXAMPLE, of the need for unity of countries within the world. We cannot do this alone! Britain needs other countries. Regressive, insular individuals who voted for Brexit, may be surprised by this fact.
We cannot do it alone!

I am a ‘Remainer’, but this is a shame, as it would be nice to live in a ‘closed-loop’. However, IT IS REAL. We may have tried our hardest to **** them up, but temperate climates will always vary around the world, and different foods will be produced in different places. Packaging will always be needed. Waste will always exist. We need to close this loop, PERMANENTLY!

Always dedicate time to read.  Let your brain be taken away, to a different situation. Arts allow this, but not so directly. A book can describe closely, the world to which it takes you. Your own creativity is not allowed. Instead, your mind maybe asked completely new questions, which your own subconscious would never think of asking itself. You can be forced to approach questions in a totally new way. Don’t live trapped by your own mentality, learn others!

I was enjoying listening to one of my old Cat Power albums, on CD. I had checked my hi-fi, I had good stereo sound (bass predominantly coming out the bottom speaker, her vocals were crying out from the speaker atop my shelf. Good sound :) 
Then...
Half way through ‘Nude as the News’, ththththe disc was stuck skipping.
Oh man!
So I just put my iPod on. :(



Earlier in the week, I found a quote that I loved, written in basic, simple font, posted as an image on Instagram (thank you Mara). I was given permission to design a new presentation of the words…



Part of the answer.
A lifelong hero, David Millar begins to describe the weird mentality, of keen road racing cyclists. My individual, lonesome determination, are attributes that were developed as a keen cyclist. These attributes are comfortably called upon, by myself, when facing mental struggles of my current life. Cycling obviously seriously damaged me, but I know that it has given me far much more.


David Millar always speaks such sense. 
Please follow the link to a long (2hour), superb interview...
Thank you David!

No comments:

Post a Comment