Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 August 2018

Seven Seas

Seven Plastic Oceans

We have seven seas, in our world. We are harming all seven, with terrifying quantities of plastic. The human race is continuing to harm the world, with utterly sickening levels of non-biodegradable materials which promise to litter and harm, our planet, forever. We do not want this, but why are we letting it happen?

No law has been passed yet, but the Government has announced its intention to ban the sale of plastic straws, drink stirrers and plastic-stemmed cotton buds at the start of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Summit. 

Although introduction of a law, is not stated above, such talk is having an effect on public awareness, as many high-street stores (such as Wagamama, Pizza Express, McDonalds, Wetherspoons, Costa Coffee and Caffe Nero) have already adapted to regular usage of more ecologically sustainable materials.


New paper/card straw used by Caffe Nero.

Some may feel that the Tory government does not feel strong enough to set goals for itself, so it sets goals for other, future leaders to aim for…
25 Year Environment Plan ambition to eliminate avoidable plastic waste’. 
This is a positive aim, and the government should be applauded for suggesting that such may be a realistic target.

Twenty-Five years is far too long, i feel. Our country must act responsibly, showing the rest of the world, what can be achieved, with rapid action!

We can all help make change, from NOW!

Let’s stop choking our oceans!
Please sign this petition…

Le Tour/RideLondon
Geraint Thomas lifts the Welsh flag in pride, on the Parisian Champs Elysees.

As predicted, last week, I was split on Sunday. I cannot have been the only cycling-lover, of South-West London, torn apart by British legend, Geraint Thomas winning the Tour de France, and the annual professional race ‘London-Surrey Classic’, held on local (very local) roads. As ever, the local race was too good an opportunity to be missed. 

Race leaders, (left-right) Valerio Agnoli, Jay McCarthy, Owain Doulls, Chris Juuls Jensen, led by Nathan Haas.

Below, the peloton chases hard behind, along Portsmouth Road.


I fell in love with cycling as I learned to ride a bicycle, combined with following the professional sport, in 1992. Revolutionary Chris Boardman was successful at the Barcelona Olympics, but shortly before this, ‘El Diablo’ Claudio Chiapucci, won an alpine stage of Le Tour De France at Sestriere! Legendary.



Statistics tell me that the vast majority of those who view this website, do so through iPhones, androids, or various other mobile devices. Basic research has shown me how my blog is viewed, on a mobile phone!
This alarms me, as it is not how it was designed!

   
Above, large, computer monitor layout.
Below, representation on mobile-phone!




My legs!… Then Tuesday afternoon I felt that I had to have a sleep. I had visited Central London, but it was only when i had returned, I felt no energy for ‘my gym-bike’, no energy for anything… SLEEP! zzzzzzZZ!! I blame the ‘heavy weather’!

If Brexiters had been on the Titanic…



New page - Annual index next week
Next week, I plan to create a new page for this website, which will act as a door into the past! Ooooooooh

Hehehe, basically I aim to provide an ‘easy-access’ directory to the past pages of this blog. I aim to provide brief descriptions,  as this blog has lived for almost 8 years, there is a lot of text available!

No comments:

Post a Comment