Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 23 June 2017

never extinguished

Summer solstice 21st June
The middle of summer definitely brought us fine weather. We are British, we must never be disappointed with such!
OK, 23rd June marks the date equi-distant pre/post Christmas 25th December! It is afternoon as I type, so it's almost CHRIIIIISTMAAAAASSS!

I am cross. I am confused. I should be sad and depressed but I'm not! I haven't been with a girl since before my accident. Over ten years ago! TEN YEARS!! I have no guiding light either. I am honestly totally used to this fact, but i know that this is a key part of life that I may forever miss out on.

So I have absolutely nothing to hide or lose, approaching good-looking females. Honestly, if I think that someone is beautiful, i am desperate to tell them! I never expect anything in return, it makes me happy to cause due happiness. I am a huge flirt! OK, and?... SOMEONE needs to be honest! I know that I cannot hide 'my biggest flaw'! Most people can and are pre-occupied in doing such.

To my total surprise, whilst in the supermarket, I did so, and...
The compliment was returned!
'You're pretty good looking yourself...'
I was left feeling over the moon!! I could tell she was genuine. 
When i own up to this ‘bad habit’, i am given a questioning look, told the opposite, paid much gratitude, one day… 





This poster has slowly been developed over the past two weeks. Inpiration was supplied from a speech given by Caroline Lucas, i wanted to show my support.

The Greens power a flame that will never be extinguished.




A 'lifelong fan' (almost). I am 32 and I fell in love with Radiohead's OK Computer shortly after release (20 years ago). I remember buying the album on CD for my mother at Christmas '97. Their release of 'No Surprises' won me, early '98. I was also taught learning to play along, on guitar, with a few songs. I started by learning 'Karma Police', and 'Lucky' with my tutor. I bought songbooks, and determinedly learnt 'Paranoid Android'... and, WOW!
It wasn't until I was at university in late 2002, did i get my hands on the 'Airbag/How Am I Driving? EP' This rare, imported EP was my treasure, it contained many B-sides, that I had missed out on on previous releases. There are some gems on here! ;)





It was then, earlier this year, announced that these songs would be incorporated in the special 20-year anniversary release, (as well as a headline set at Glastonbury).



'Man of War' was heard, first played anywhere on BBC6music, Thursday 22nd, by Shaun Keaveny! Very good. 






I remember lying in hospital after my accident and 6-month coma, pondering. A few key things kept revolving around my head. I realised that my life had been shaken, but there a few key points of my framework that I had completed successfully, and held me strong (i knew that i must keep positive). I had an amazing girlfriend. I had completed my desired education courses. I had cycled up the Alpe D'Huez in 2006, watching the Tour de France atop a mountain (the best mountain). I had experienced the best performing the best, at the best, Radiohead at Glastonbury in 2003 (maybe their prime?). 

Glastonbury 2017 headliners
... So, the best are back at the best venue again! 
TONIGHT ON TV...

Radiohead - BBC2 10pm Friday 23rd June

No comments:

Post a Comment