Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 March 2017

Race to the Sun

Get your hands off my face!
I was left astonished, totally exasperated.
This older woman who lives locally, always seems ever-so happy to see me in one high-street chain cafe (In which she is so regular, she seems to live). She is ever-so-keen to provide any help she can, for me (moving chairs, opening doors).
I was in the queue, awaiting service, when all of a sudden I felt her hands in my face! She was talking about me to one of the staff, and for some reason, she chose to gently put her hand in my face!
Alarmed, i jolted backwards. What right did she have? I felt so belittled by her! 
Never, never, never! :(

Change of subject.
Happy mood. This Sunday marks the start of 'The race to the sun'. The week long Paris-Nice race is often a key indicator/warm-up for 'Le Tour de France', in the summer. In my eyes, this is the main season warm-up. I realise that professional cycling should be considered to be more global than this now, but i have very little interest in 'drag-strip-racing' in the Middle-East. Winners there will not be able to race at fitness peaks later this year.
Some traditions have remained, and the Italian equivalent (Tirreno-Adriatico), will start midway through Paris-Nice, finishing later. Usually, this is a flatter race, favouring sprinters.
Both warm riders for the season opener, La Classicisima (Milan-San Remo, March 18th)

Paris - Nice (5th March to 12th)
Tirreno - Adriatico (8-14)
... La Classicisima (18th)

Music. A favourite, follow the link...


Three songs, all from her third album ‘Citizen of Glass’ (2016).
Agnes Obel 2014 http://patrickgoodacre.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/riverside.html first album ‘Philharmonics’ (2010)
was supported by her strong second album, ‘Aventine’ (2013), before last year's beautiful, third album.

I go out, and I generally find myself to be happy with myself, or calm and content. I know that I act in whatever way I believe ‘the right thing’ to do is. I aways try to act correctly. There is nothing better than making someone else smile. I want to believe that sometime, somewhere in the future I will be in a relationship and find 99% happiness again (nothing is ever, anywhere, 100%). I get home and brought back to reality when I see my reflection in the front door. I ponder… ‘this is what EVERYONE sees of me, but it’s not ME’. :(


 Yesterday's trip along Southbank reached spectacularly designed, City Hall.



To everyone, this applies to everyone,
Stop. Look back on the past decade of your life. Be proud. Make sure you realise how much worse it could’ve been. However, your hard work, and strong-minded, pure-determination has brought you where you are today. Of course you want more, as every human does. This drive perhaps directs our future. We have no exact say in our future, but it makes us who we are. Be happy, however make sure that you will continue to be proud of yourself, in the future. Without it, we risk to lose too much.  With it, we can gain so much.

The above paragraph is written by me, and helps to describe how I keep my mind straight! This blog began life proving my ability of ‘mental positivity’. More recently, I have proved that I am human after all. I may often seem to be moaning about things (I want, I want, I want…). I have been able stop fortunately, and the above paragraph explains how I have kept my mind, throughout. Pride and self-confidence. Whilst my ’self-confidence’ was almost completely wiped out, my self-pride has always remained! Self-confidence can be made from self-pride. Be proud of your mind, and believe fully in what you want. Be proud of your thoughts, no-one else can have them!  These proud thoughts will enhance your self-confidence. Confidence is the key for everything. Personally, a lot of these lessons were learnt whilst i was cycling by myself, or cycling among others, and could open my mind, alone. Opportunities to train and/or test yourself, not only physically but mentally as well.  


February 2017. 28days but the highest total number of pageviews ever. I refuse to bore you with numbers, instead this graphic represents pageviews since this blog began life!


No comments:

Post a Comment