Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 February 2017

far away

"Whatever makes us, has yet to be found"
Far away



Martha Wainwright's self-titled album, released in 2005, a brilliant, lifelong love. Her deep lyrics are all sung in her perfect, orchestral voice.

Last Friday, I felt rather negative once I had posted on my blog. So I went to the local coffee shop/bar, to help. Surprise, surprise, not a coffee, but a Guinness!! 
The Rolling Stones title, off their latest album, kept spinning around my head.
Blue and Lonesome.



However, I had viewed, in amazement and pride, that this blog is proving more popular than ever.
Last Friday blog monthly pageview count surpassed 2000. January 2017 reached a total pageview count of 2,439. Interestingly, this blog, recently, is most popular in France! Je ne comprends pas, parceque c'est en Anglais!

Si vous êtes Francais, pourquoi est mon blogspot (ici) populaire, en France 🇫🇷?
C'est ne pas de probleme, mais, pourquoi?
J'aime ca, beaucoup
patrick.goodacre@yahoo.co.uk

Scary assumptions by general public.
I was alarmed by speaking to a member of the public, who I see most weeks when I catch the bus to gym. I found out that she had assumed that I have been 'wheelchair bound', all of my life! Ten years, OK, but I am an 'Injured Human Being'. I am so lucky that I had lived fully, in my 'first life'. 
I feel mature enough to 'laugh off' such wrong assumptions. It can hurt that people can assume 'I am disabled, probably 'a permanently disabled one', and therefore I have severe mental problems'. No comment.

I smile. Why do I always smile? It is a grey, damp, gloomy day, but I am smiling.
I find myself making the above comment, with satisfaction.
It may be dull weather, grey and wet, but I am filled with happiness when I recognise everyone else's face of misery and depression. Therefore I know that i relatively feel good. This is similar to mind-games and mental-issues whilst cycling (never project weakness, use other's such, to project positivity).

Egging as 'public disapproval'
Hmmm. Public humiliation... 
The way to really get to those politicians who are promoting such divisive nationalism.  No-one can throw across the breadth of the Atlantic, so he should be welcomed to come across to Britain and the eggs. Of course NF is a perfect, British trial. He must not be excused!

Take life as it comes 

Personally, I have been forced into this pattern of life. I know that we cannot plan anything with 100.00% certainty. People may try, and may succeed but I am sorry, nothing is ever 100.000000000000% infinitely certain. We have to remain open. We must accept that **** happens, but we must realise that incredibly good things can happen too. Everything equals. Be prepared for the journey of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment