Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 6 January 2017

Why...?





Why did i choose the Green Party?

  • I had turned 30 in the previous August. The 2015 General Election was approaching, and I knew that my existence is worth something. I am as equal as anyone else, I knew that there are problems that we cannot ignore. Some politicians who are in influential, powerful positions are showing irresponsibility and pathetic negligence.
    
  • I knew that 2015 was a year, for me, to get involved. I did not know which political party to join…
  • Conservatives were the leading party in power, things needed a change. I have never agreed with their right-wing policies. Most of Britain does. This was/still is the problem. Most people seemed to be closing their ears to problems of others. People are led by the ‘propaganda’ they see in the news, or read in the newspapers. Readers will always consider what they read as ’neutral’. I just look at the front pages of the highly-popular tabloid papers, and i cry inside. Their stories are read as 'national news' by Britons. British people are showing such mental weakness, we allow ourselves to be sold these racist, hate-mongering stories. We are sensible, level-headed people so, we get wounded and made to feel a combination of hatred and vengefulness, at hearing of such 'news' stories. I have since realised that these ’newspaper/comics’ are bought by a certain group of people. Not all, but many of a higher age… 65+… These are the people who vote!
  • Do younger people not care? We do, but we are letting our futures to be ruled by those of the past.
  • These elderly voters may not fear what will happen in the future, 'our years', not 'their's'.
  • It hurts me that there are very few of us, who feel as lucky as myself to be here. We are all unbelievably lucky, even those who have left us, are lucky to have experienced life on this planet. We owe humanity and our planet, so much.
  • Humanity must exist in the future, for as long as possible. We owe it to the future.
  • We risk to be reviewed as part of the ’21st Century Human Race’ who failed. Our desire and greed killed us.
  • I DO NOT WANT THAT

  • I was quick to understand that the Green Party stands for so much more than just 'climate-change', 'recycling', and the 'environment'. 
  • It offends me when i hear friends talk about 'the Green Party', and 'recycling' as if they are two unique entities bonded together, and nothing else is even considered! The Party so much deeper than caring about one issue alone.
  • Whilst recycling is a core part of the general belief preached, many, many more topics are discussed and problems tackled. 'Recycling' is such an almighty phenomenon, every political party understands it's importance. Some ignore, and some political parties are more active in regards of the topic, than others. 
  • The Green Party, correctly uses true utilitarian politics, with best, positive results, for as many as possible. They do not allow for successes of one group of people, over another. I completely ally with this basic concept. It does scare me that the majority of our population does not follow this belief! Other parties make selections of 'favourite groups', often trying to increase their privilige at the cost of others. Are we not beyond this, in the 21st Century? The Human race needs to work together.
  • A true democracy should no longer be a two-horse race. If you support the idea of a democracy, vote for what you believe in. Please show the power of your own mind. Don't feel trapped by just the two or three old parties, this is a new Century!


No comments:

Post a Comment