Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 2 December 2016

'they don't, they don't speak for us'

Empty buggies!
They take up spaces usually reserved for wheelchairs. Empty!?
How hard is it to fold the buggy?
Goodbye!
The above note is a disguised statement that I am changing 'my coffee shop',  and I am using the experience of being left outside, because of lack of room inside, as a reason to 'change'. My experience of being told 'there's no room' by a bus driver, again due to an empty buggy sitting in the 'wheelchair space', will never be forgotten!

It is by making the first note do I realise that, rarely do these types of 'wheelchair issues' affect me anymore. They still happen, but they cause less irritation. No surprises. Siiiiiilence.  No alarms, and no surprises, please...



Francesco Totti 40 years old
Last Sunday evening, I watched Roma beat Pescara 3-2. Midway through the second half we saw the introduction of a legendary Roman, aged 40.





Commentator provides me with news of Brazilian star Ze Roberto who has just won the domestic league title, in Brazil, aged over 42!

I feel incredibly comfortable providing compliments to girls who i see are due such.
I know that first impressions are so memorable. People always use vision as their primary sense, if they can. When anyone sees me, they see a wheelchair as well, therefore assumptions of dependency, physical disability, and medical requirements, are made. Whether we accept this or not, this is how i have had to learn to live. Girls are happily surprised when they receive compliments about their appearance. I know that I have nothing to lose. I want to cause happiness. I question myself beforehand, and rapidly confirm and allow myself to proceed, and pay compliments. Live for now. You may never see the person again.
There is nothing better than creating a beautiful smile!
😃

2nd of December!!
Almost the end of this terrible year! ;)

However, positively...

Success of my blog!
I was pleased this morning to receive confirmation that my 'coffee shop blog' has been read and used by a complete stranger! 
I entered my local shop, meeting a total stranger who had read my blog, and therefore chosen this coffee shop ahead of others.
20 venues, spread throughout South-West London!





I am happy. At last, the people of ‘Richmond Park Constituency’ saw sense in the by-election, and voted for Sarah Olney, a Progressive Leader. My neighbouring constituency remains very close to me. I grew up there, went to school there, with many friends from there, and hold the Park itself, so close to my heart (I almost died there)!
I have always been a strong and proud supporter of the Green Party’s decision to stand in support of a Progressive politician, standing against Mr Goldsmith. Both the Conservatives and UKIP, did not stand, in support of ZG, so I am so pleased and proud of our Green Party decision to stand aside, and the result won!
Sarah Olney is opposed to Heathrow expansion, and fought her campaign, largely on the issue of Brexit. These are two issues that have disturbed me greatly in the past year.

She said the by-election result was a rejection of the "politics of anger and division".

No comments:

Post a Comment