Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 8 July 2016

Forget Everything And Remember

The infinite ranges of positivity/negativity.
I feel that they're both as powerful as each other,  but only if you are correctly balanced. Achieving examples of both will prove this to you, and your self-confidence will grow as you learn that you are comfortably in the middle. In the middle, avoiding falling either way to an extremity.



Positive people induce a smile. There is nothing better! :)
Last Friday night counts as this week (for this blog). It left me wearing a seemingly indefinite smile (in my head). I do not know who reads this, but I want to say thank you!

Saturday, was the start of 'Le Tour'. Well done Mark Cavendish. Three stage wins, already, in the first week, explains clearly to everyone, who the fastest sprint cyclist is!

 Thursday's stage win, into Montauban. Screenshot of Eurosport coverage.

LeTour pulls me out of the cafe!
Very, very few things have this strength over me, but I must watch it.

Cycling
Never accurate, but I was always predicting that a bad accident of huge magnitude, would befall me. I obviously could not predict when. I was able to recognise that 'cycling' was such a huge part of my life, providing endless positives to me, how would I exist without this? My prediction proved accurate, increasing my belief that 'positives' = 'negatives', but also maintaining vital self-belief (which has been required so far, and will continue to be, throughout my life).

The photo above shows the wonderful note made for me, that I have kept on my noticeboard, ever since being given it in my Rehabilitation Home, 6 years ago (Their local cat remains, as well)!

I have developed so far from life in hospital. My heart goes out to everyone who has helped me along the way. I have long known that ‘recovery is not a destination, recovery is a journey.’ I realise that current life may not be progressing at the mega-fast rate it has done previously. I comfortably know however, that, I am forever progressing. Life is a beautiful, mystical thing that no-one will ever understand fully. We must just enjoy the experience and remember how lucky we all are. We cannot take it for granted!




FEAR
I now express a fear, a political fear. People who know me, will know my political leanings!
By further reading of this blog, you will know that I am a good member of the Green Party, employed by them on a voluntary basis. Before I joined the Greens in 2015, I had always voted for Labour, siding with 'the Left'.
Now, everyone is able to see that this country's political system is struggling. There is a scary alliance of 'Right/Far-Right' groups. It seems that there is a recognition of this, amongst 'Left-wing' political parties. The alliance of these Political Parties, is so vital. It scares me that this is what is felt needed to battle the opposing views.

People’s Progressive Alliance

Everything in me wants to embrace this, but I halt in fear. A fear that the development of such alliances, will narrow down our country into a division of two parties. You are either Left or Right. The magnificent situation that this country has found itself in, is by having such an extensive range of political views, a true democracy is possible. We must not fall down into a civil-war.

Londoners must be aware. We are all guilty.
Silent Assassin...

No comments:

Post a Comment