Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 4 March 2016

pure thought :)

Only fairly recently that I have recognised how lucky I was to have the time of 'pure thought', lying in hospital post-coma.
No worries, no loves, no hates, no fears, self-pride but without particular reason, no direction, no concept of time-being-wasted, knowledge that you cannot possibly allow yourself to think big. Lack of understanding. 'Why?', but no reason to care of 'why'. Oh, I can have an excuse for anything, forever! Memories but acceptance of a new reality. Pride of my life so-far. Realisation that therefore I have set myself a incredibly high standard to live up to! But, knowledge that 'if anyone can, i can'. Rehabilitation skills. Most important ones to 'learn', and what will be gained through 'experience'. No-one else can understand my brain now. Only me. No-one knows. TUNE! :)





A short post this week, as I have been focussed on designing for the Green Party.  Local newsletters, and broader, London-wide work. One of my latest pieces , a placard/poster design being used by the Green candidate for London Mayor, Sian Berry...
'I love this so much!' Sian Berry


(click on poster to view larger)


Designing a purely graphic/text layout, my graphic skills drew on various influences. However, it may seem clear that my under-graduate dissertation was very influential, investigating graphic design in the inter-war period (1918-1939).


No comments:

Post a Comment