Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 1 January 2016

It can be done!!

I actually write this post last year (Dec30th 2015). I like to think myself as 'forward thinking', so, you can read it next year (2016)! I do not know yet whether the world will end (conveniently for history books, on New Year's Eve), or what language tense I will write this post in!
Happy new year!


I think it it may be unwise for people to set personal targets, when there is such a major global issue that we need EVERYONE to work towards, with a supreme target. We may not know whether or not we achieve success in our lifetime, but we owe it to future generations. It could be argued that we will suffer from the effects of climate change, no matter what we do. But limitations that can be made, must be. We must all realise how lucky we are to be here, and we cannot be too greedy. This world can only give us so much!

It can be done! Proof…
Uruguay
 

Rabbit in your headlights
 
I have tried to act as sustainably as possible.  The fact that I charge my powered wheelchair every night, is a big psychological issue that I face. I know that it is unsustainable to recharge a battery so regularly, but I always need the power.  I have been trying to delay battery replacement (not the first time), for some while. I have, however, now pushed the line to it's maximum (or my maximum)! I gauged battery life was low,  but ok. I was crossing  on a road nearby, safely using an island midway. I look to the right, no traffic, I reach the island, mid-road. I look to the left, wait for a car to pass, and continue across.
Midway, I stop.
!! What!?!
I look to a car approaching on my left. It is daytime, but I am a rabbit in their headlights, stranded in the middle of the road. I am amazed at my calm, my battery has failed me. I manage to restart the power and escape, obviously!!
Back home, I make an order for a new one. I delayed replacement for as long as I could, but no more.



I almost forgot! My favourite discovery this week, is a new Radiohead song! I heard it courtesy of 6Music, so not exactly ‘secret’, but quiet! When I say ‘new song’, the truth is that it is an unreleased song created for the James Bond  ‘Spectre’ soundtrack. It never got used, seemingly hidden and is lost in the archives. A powerful, stirring, emotive whirlwind with ghostly lyrics and vocals. Beautiful. Shame on you James!!!
It can be heard and downloaded here…
 

Monty Osbourne
I don't mean to offend anyone. The real voice of Montgomery Burns is a legend and does not deserve such a harsh comparison.
I see two photos, very similar.





No comments:

Post a Comment