Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 18 December 2015

For Everything, A Reason

Hello, it is THAT time of year! Not quite, but almost the birthday of this blog! 20th December 2015. FIVE YEARS! 
It is also the period in which people review the year, especially highlights. I told you all last week that I will tell you my favourite album/artist of 2015.
Difficult.
For me there have been three key highlights, with difficulty at choosing one 'winner'.

Staves - ‘If I Was'
Marika Hackman - 'We Slept at Last'

Perhaps surprisingly, my winner is not a female vocalist. Electronic, orchestral Nils Frahm has helped open my ears to this alternative style.



FEAR...
... There is nothing worse. 
Forgive Everybody And Remember 
Don't panic, just do it
Is there anything worse than fear? We can always think of positive elements, infinitely. As everything has an equal and opposite possibility, we can always consider negative possibilities, infinitely. As fear is always possible, there is nothing worse or more irrational than believing fear. Self-belief Is important. Everyone has it to some extent (else we wouldn't be here). Don't panic. Believe in yourself, your self-confidence will grow, the more that you do. Confidence will allow you to overcome the problem.


My mind…
Sometimes I just want to be ‘normal’. I want to be in a full-time job, earning a proper wage, living with a girlfriend/wife, scheduling one holiday a year, flying off, across the world. ‘Normal’ obsolescent extravagance!
I then realise how lucky I am, and how awful it would be to be ‘normal’. I am currently happy with my work. I do not earn, but life is all about NOW. Live in the moment, it can be pointless to desire/plan the future. Girlfriend/wife, hmmm, again something that i have got to accept that i cannot plan. We cannot define our own destiny. We must accept our fates, realising that we will inevitably, somehow, reach our destiny.
I wish I could skate away…


I have to tell myself off, sometimes. Everyone else is similar. I find that I surprise people by having certain good abilities myself. I am constantly setting targets, aiming for goals, as everyone does. It still disappoints me that i may attain less success than i did pre-injury. So I still keep my aims high (if not higher), than before. No-one knows. Only I know what I can achieve. This gives me my big self-confidence. If I know that I cannot, I won’t. If i believe that I can, no doubt, I will.

heroes... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment