Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 6 November 2015

Don't touch the switch!!!

Monday morning. The start of the week. The weekEND finishes on Sunday, so the week begins at 00.00.01am, Monday. It infuriates me the way, some people differ! Anyway whatever,  I was in the gym, Monday morning, as ever. I was concentrating on my aerobic capacity for only ten minute sessions. I assess my statistics after five minutes, it is ok, I continue. The eight minute mark proves that I am doing well. Nine minutes, very well. Nine minutes and thirty seconds, my final sprint to beat my PB begins... Then black screen!
Whaaaaat!!?
No power. The staff member had changed the wrong plug. 
Deep breath
Never mind.
She apologised. Next time...

Independent not lonely. Nothing warps the mind more than lying in hospital. I had a constant stream of visitors, but I knew that essentially, only I could battle my way out, myself. I was offered help from everyone but had to remain with lonesome self-belief. I learn to live alone. Years of rehabilitation followed by success of 'release' allowed me supreme self-belief!

Alela Diane & Ryan Francesconi (click here)


More music for you. I initially discovered Alela Diane, a couple of years ago, buying the CD whilst on holiday.
proof (CD dated 2011)...



Compact discs, remember them? She was previously featured on this blog...
Ryan Francesconi provides brilliant guitar accompaniment. Super acoustic guitar, plus astonishing female vocals, will always provide a winning sound, for me!

Sudoku
Initially recommended to me by my former girlfriend, in my previous life (she knew me very very well)! Three or four years later, I remember completing a Sudoku book, whilst stretching in the gym of my rehabilitation home. Eight or nine years on from 2005/6, I rediscovered my fascination, last week. It is whilst solving them, I realise that it totally suits my personality. I am not scared of numbers, although it is not a mathematical puzzle. I consider it more similar to many 'design' problems that I have faced. Consider each digit as a different graphic. Each graphic must be spread, dispersed logically,  over the grid.
:)
i am yet to attempt this one...


A quote from my current read. An amazing find, as I have just finished Jean Paul Sartre, but this book is an amazing story of a seemingly impossible invincibility. 'Invincibles' by Amy Lawrence
This quote is from one of those mighty few, Mr Sol Campbell.

   

Skype
I am feeling pleased and happy with myself. Yesterday, I successfully had a pre-arranged meeting with who I am currently working for, via Skype. We initially talked on telephone, however it was so much more effective to use Skype. She's based in Kingston, but it was advantageous for us both to be on a computer. I have used Skype before, but I am very happy to have used it professionally.

more music for y'all!...



No comments:

Post a Comment