Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 October 2015

Fools will moan



Always say 'Thank you', when crossing.
My first note this week was made with the purpose of trying to encourage everyone to stay positive. I am very aware of the fact that since being wheelchair-bound, I always thank awaiting vehicles. I think that this is perhaps an indirect method of subconsciously checking that the driver has seen me! I ALWAYS do this, even at zebra crossings where pedestrians have the right of way. I may be overtaken by other 'huffing & puffing' pedestrians, but everyone has to accept that I WILL ONLY CROSS THE ROAD WHEN I WANT! By thanking drivers, you are setting the most powerful people, in a good mood. Always make friends with the right people!


Happy days
Arsenal 3 Man Utd 0
Three amazing goals in twenty minutes won the game, but Man Utd lost the game because they were wearing offensively poor shorts! Black fading out to white would even been shocking in 1992!
Utd shorts!!

Finally! Finally, finally FINALLY!
Too late, but the government have finally taken the wise decision, of charging for plastic bags. Fools will moan, I am sorry. I take carrier bags of some kind, around with me, hanging from my wheelchair, so I admit that I do not 'carry' them, but hey! We all must realise the big ecological issues affecting this world. Such consumption of valuable resources, using them as commercial advertising, then creating non-biodegradable litter (potentially life-threatening), existing forever, is inexcusable. Fools will moan.
Plastic bags

This ‘Daily Fail’ headline provided me with smile, as it successfully contributes proof that they are sooo right-wing that they cannot accept any measure which aids the environment and disrupts their shopping trip! Such a constantly negative attitude is correctly considered ‘prehistoric’ by anyone with sense.

I was in a new independent cafe in Kingston, 'Hands Coffee Company', when I stumbled across the display of coffee cups. I was delighted, as it is the first time seeing such. Regular readers of this blog will know how big a problem with throw-away, single-use cups, I have. Potentially an answer, but I am yet to investigate.

Re-usable cups

I know that I used to spend a lot of time, whilst cycling, loving it so much that I would regularly worry myself by wondering 'what would I do, if I couldn't do this?'
At least I do not have this worry anymore!

 2006 Tour de France
Coursework completed 2006

'Look after yourself!'
Slap on my back
The old man bundled past me, out of the cafe, looked at me, and commented. Why? Oh...why me?
He meant no harm, I shouldn't be so easily offended. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment