Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 11 September 2015

Sit down, stand up

The Tour of Britain (6-13 September), signals the end of 'short-wearing summer', this year. I often try and push until Paris-Tours/World Championships, but I live in Britain so never experience a true summer. You will be able to recognise that I have always, and continue to live by the pro-cycling calendar!

Life in a wheelchair gives you something that is extremely valuable. One can judge everyone's reaction of a 'wheelchair-encounter', and therefore very rough personality judgements can be made! This sounds like a harsh warning, but it is true. Everyone reacts in such varying manners, I find it very interesting. So many people are scared, it may be funny, disappointing, or enlightening. 

4km in 10minutes
The above note, I write with a weird touch of self-pride. I am proud of recording my 'post-accident PB'. Attained at the gym on gym-bike pedals, last Monday, did mean however, that my legs were too tired and had been overworked, for other exercises. I rapidly calculated this to be an average speed of 24kph. Just 10 minutes. Hmmm but ok.

The Sun &
The Times are evil s***s
Such bad headlines on two of the biggest national newspapers.  As there is massive, global problem regarding the refugee crisis, different people seem to react in different ways. These 'publications' consider themselves 'neutral'. Both use headlines of such abusive and derogatory language aimed towards fellow citizens of this planet, it only leaves me in despair. I can only hope that my feelings are felt by vast amounts, widespread. These journals have made a mistake, and they will suffer in popularity, for such racist propaganda.

Warning 
Self-doubt. Hmmm. My strong belief in fate, confuses me. Is it fake? Am I just giving myself an excuse to stop dreaming, or creating targets/goals? Oh, it is bad, if so. Everyone needs goals to focus on. Aim to live your dreams. Oh, but I did have, yet they were definitely taken away. I cannot reignite. I had completed/achieved so many targets. My belief in fate, tells me that I do have a future, I am just left aimless, floating in the ocean, alone, without a purpose, at the moment. At the moment...
Happiness WILL arrive 😎



You always reap what you sow 
The above note refers to a belief stated by Christian D Larsson, in his intriguing book, which I have finally finished (Mastery of Fate, Your Forces, and How to Use Them).
Deeeeeeep. But thought provoking. I like.

Very very interesting. No comment.

Sit down, stand up (or click here)


Music this week, was decided during my physiotherapy session. I am now at the stage where a large part of the session is focussed on me leaning forward from a sat-on-chair position, into a stand (without my foot splint). Obviously this does depend vastly on what chair you begin in! Everything develops, and things can be practiced/learnt, with repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment