Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 August 2015

the truth

The truth. I speak the truth, always. People like to hear the truth. The truth is infinitely powerful. The truth hurts those who are in the wrong. A fact of truth is 100% pure. We can only learn from positive truths, our best possible future paths. We can only predict what we should avoid in future, when considering negative failures/lies/untruths. I was able to begin learning these facts whilst lying in hospital. Ever since I was forced to recognise the power of being 100% pure, honest, and truthful, I have tried to remain such. Recognising the popularity of this blog (where I happily talk the truth, always), provides me with great self-confidence. I write to help those who are looking to build their own self-confidence.

'The truth is no words' (just a song)...



Some things don't change, I stare at her bike!
I was going down the high street, towards a favourite cafe. The sun was shining, life was good. Then I noticed a cyclist on the pavement ahead of me. The biggest shock was that the bike was not being ridden, but pushed. Pushed with attitude by an extreeeeeeemly hot girl. I must admit that I didn't pay much attention, to her. I think she had dark hair and amazing legs, but the bike?! Er, wow! I had never been a big fan of Trek bikes, until now. Outstandingly attractive bike.  The fraudulent name of Lance Armstrong advertising Trek, was washed away for me by this 'supermodel'? She was obeying the law, with class! ;)

I decisively decide that I am indecisive 
Hehehe. Many of you will already know this. My indecisiveness has been complained about, a number of times, by baristas of various cafes. Which coffee? I play by rules. I have set myself rules, as to what, and how much, and when. I do get seriously tempted to break these rules, when I read menus. I also fall back on my brain injury, providing an excuse for indecision. This is a valid excuse, but I really don't like using my injury as an excuse for anything (this just reiterates to me, my disability). Single Espresso. Water.

This morning, halfway between Kingston (right) and Surbiton (left)

A couple of my pictures of Surbiton Station, on sale at the Riverside Cafe


Why did I like climbing when cycling? I could easily recognise that everyone else climbing, was suffering more! Why do I remain content in the rain? I may wear a cheeky smile as I realise that everyone else is miserably suffering whilst I feel ok (wet, but water dries)! I am a b******!

No matter what, hold-music is stress inducing!
The ridiculous thing is that telephone hold-music has usually been chosen to soothe the listener, so it unintentionally increases stress thousand-fold. No win situation.
"Hello"
Oh thank god, a human being!
"I will just put you on hold."
Nooooooooooooooo!! I cannot handle any more of this music.

No comments:

Post a Comment