Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 June 2015

UP & down...

Compact disc sleeve...




Lifelong hero...



another...
Live at Sin-E

Hmmm. I have had an up and down week, regarding work and employment. A project that I completed last week, finally printed and appreciated well. I am fairly proud of it. I attended an informal interview for another 'Graphic Design job', at the end of last week. I initially thought positively, however I was incorrect. On the weekend, I spoke to a friend who is working in design, as she was feeling despair, that I now understand.
Designers are taught to think independently. The idea is to be creative but you must have realistic restrictions. Restrictions are sometimes incomprehensible.

Surbiton




Change of topic. I admit to the foolish mistake of being lazy whilst shaving my face, but not knowing it. Previously, I used to get out from the shower in the mornings, then shave my wet face. No problem? The mirror might have been a little steamed up, but it soon corrected itself. I used to think that I shaved myself well. I received no comments, but the fact is that I should wear glasses! Now I know!
Need glasses for shaving!
hehehe


I am independent. I have battled through hospitals, and rehabilitation homes, to gain independence. I can live alone, I know that some people cannot. This is good, right?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
My mind is soooo deep with thoughts, some are deep philosophical complexes, others are relatively shallow. I am grateful of this blog as it allows me to share my thoughts, so that I am not keeping them unheard.

I finish with a joyous note. I was in a fairly busy cafe bar yesterday, when the woman on the next table, held a juice bottle in her hand, a lid too tight, turned to me and...
She asked ME for help!! :)
As i opened the bottle for her, i realised that it may have been the first time of my life in a wheelchair, that I had been approached, asked for help physically! It was fairly tight, but nothing that a 'determined Patrick' would let defeat him! I guess a wheelchair 'labels' you, most but not everyone uses this as a process of elimination (nor should they), when selecting aides!

incase you missed it... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment