Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 15 May 2015

laissez-faire

I am waiting, lonelily waiting. I am not sad or particularly unhappy. I am just waiting. I live my life, but know that we only have so much control. Wealth, power, age, location are all very distinguishable issues that most people like to choose themselves (age/time always exists for all of us). It saddens me that most people do not truly understand that 'shit happens'. I have been praised so much for having strong mental abilities since my accident. I argue that these abilities always existed, as I always knew/feared that something would damage me. I would cycle, so happy and content, but I knew that an accident may occur, negating all of the positives cycling had given me. I had fear that everything equals. I cannot cycle, but I still retain all of the mental wonders that cycling gave me! I am happy having finally stated this. People will argue against my 'laissez-faire' attitude, but little do they understand me. People will find it difficult to believe me. Only my former girlfriend could do. I only told her, preceding the accident, of a fear. I am sorry.  

Sir Bradley... 



please view the following webpage, for further images...

Sitting in hospital awaiting gym session. A nurse drops things on floor...
I am sitting, along with three others. I find it so difficult to remain silent. I am a man. Men should hold open doors for females. I am in an exceptional situation, I think I have learnt this. She dropped equipment on the floor, and I felt the need to offer help or assistance. No one else offered, even though able-bodied, so I stopped myself. I wanted to help, but I was not sure if able, and not sure if I should...
... She was ok in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment