Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 13 March 2015

Need I say any more?

Hello, I hope you are all enjoying the first signs of 2015 sunshine!
I have been forced to call on a plumber, to resolve a kitchen fault/problem that has taken over a week to do so. I have experienced a variety of emotions, after negotiating their times of availability. I have often left my flat in the morning, feeling seriously stressed/irritated after phone calls, but then a content smile appears as the day develops! Life in 'the real world' calms me, as I hear of other, much bigger problems, I know there must somewhere be positives. It has become a regularity for me to realise that a smile is everlasting, and can be so positive for EVERYONE.
Try to always wear a 'content grin', but always maintain the ability to spread the love, with a 'special smile'!!

I am skilled at reversing out. Even when fuelled by espresso!
I made the above note, much earlier in the week, but I must admit that I have since had difficulties in exiting the premises! I know that perfect driving is necessary, but it is possible. Such a brilliant, little, independent, Italian cafe, deserves respect, and my 'problem solving determination'!

I have been down a lot recently. I need fate to play me a card. I balance thoughts with a couple of names/news items that have brought me great joy this week. Off the top of my head... Danny Welbeck and Jeremy Clarkson! :)
David Cameron has come and publicly supported Mr Clarkson. Need i say any more!!!! Farage has missed that chance!



Fiorentina v Roma Sponsorless shirts!
I managed to watch the above two football teams, face each other in the 'Europa' , in Florence (on a screen!). Italians always do things in style, I was astounded. Neither team had sponsors on their shirts. Ok, manufacture branding was included, but no 'shirt sponsors'. Barcelona are the only other big team that had previously taken this approach (before greed, and desire for their share of Middle-Eastern money). Such display of purity by both teams seemed beautiful. To be fair, I am not a regular viewer of this competition, I may seem uneducated. Tottenham fans will know more. Thursday is Spursday!



It is friday and i come back to find an email from Transport for London trying to tell me how good they are.

"Dear Mr Goodacre, 

I am writing to let you know that as part of the wider investment programme to improve accessibility across the public transport network, 80 per cent of London’s bus stops are now fully accessible. 

Making bus stops accessible includes ensuring they have a kerb high enough to meet the wheelchair ramp, and for the step into the bus to be at a reasonable height for boarding. It also includes removing any street clutter from where the bus doors open. At least 95 per cent of bus stops will be accessible by 2016. "

Call me cynical, but this is just buses. We wait for one year until 95% of bus stops are accessible (but only for particular buses)? This means that one in twenty bus stops are unusable for wheelchairs, by next year! Hmmm.

This is just London.

No comments:

Post a Comment