Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 16 January 2015

Finding the middle C...

2015!!!!
EEEK! I was at university ten years ago! Nine years ago, my year of cycling. I was living in a rehabilitation home until 2010. Birth of this blog, December 2010. Independent life, paid employment and voluntary employment. Paris visited once again. Olympics at the end of my road, Surbiton and Kingston. I accept that I am addicted to coffee (I don't need it, but I love it)!

Alpe D'Huez / Ventoux
Hmmm. Ok, you all know that my mind likes to live elsewhere, in a fantasy world. I have had to place myself (in my mind), as a cyclist in the Tour De France - a life of physical strain, effort, psychological stress, independence. Glory of winning is rare but exists. The satisfaction and pride of reaching the end, is insurmountable.
Understand? Hehehe. 
I am different though. I cannot quit and jump In the team car!
Hospital life was the Pyrenees (1st mountain range), rehabilitation home was Alps (the biggest mountain range with climbs such as Alpe D'Huez). I go to live alone, I am close, but now the biggest test, myself. An individual time-trial up Mont Ventoux!!! Hmmm, it is not as steep as Alpe D'Huez, but longer and just as tough (if not more so). Individual time trials are a huge ask of self-confidence, belief, and physical ability! I have won a big stage, just after the Alps but before this Ventoux. Coffee is my EPO. The norm, everyone does it. I went for a date with an incredibly hot girl, but that was just a stage win. I am second overall, a super performance, but second. I can see yellow.



Healthy espresso 5 breaths
I return to the normal world. I have found a wonderful excuse! A correctly made espresso is hot. Too hot for me. I need to cool it. I hold it close to my lips, and blow five strong, steady breaths. This cools the drink and also provides brief exercise for my core strength. My physiotherapist approves, therefore I have made it law.






I am a graphic designer. I offer some of the skills, working voluntarily for a charity.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
ezekiel 25/17
 = Jules

Colombian coffee yoghurt
I saw this on the shelf, next to my favourite 'Twekolo yoghurts'. My heart was split! I decided to try this coffee option. I made the wrong choice. Coffee is made to be drunk.

Piano lesson:

A man a plan a canal Panama
AMANAPLANACANALPANAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment