Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 December 2014

WOAH!!



Oh life in a wheelchair...
'Woah!! Watch the road!!'
My exclamation, earlier in the week. I was waiting to cross the road, a man was standing opposite. After he had offered room for me to cross, I had declined (I could see the car approaching). He continued, fully focussed on me, he began to cross. DANGER!!
Fortunately they missed each other. But it was so close! I was left feeling extremely grateful of my own awareness, but upset by public's perception of a wheelchair. Hmmm.

If you cannot walk, you cannot walk. Don't be lazy,  it's rude!!
I am very controversial with the above note. Personally, myself in a wheelchair, I get very irritated by people using motorised buggies. These ARE NOT wheelchairs. I come across them, am forced to exchange friendly smiles. Then I pass a shop viewing that they have entered, walking around! Ok Ok, these people might be older citizens, but they CAN walk. I know that everyone goes to great trouble to help disabled people in wheelchairs. Yet, other 'cheats' are benefiting instead of those who are medically disabled. Laziness is sooooo insulting.
Hmmm, there we go. I did warn you that it was 'controversial'.

***EEK!!*** I have just re-read that. I am so wrong. I do not mean to insult anyone! I realise that buggies are needed by people, and I have misrepresented my judgement on the issue, and do not mean any harm towards ANYONE! I am sorry. I keep the paragraph in because I always do. I do not delete things.

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE!


Music of 2014
I flick through my 2014 playlist, with several highlights to promote. I realise that I have probably supplied links before, but annual highlights...

Marissa Nadler - www.marissanadler.com

Sharon Van Etten - www.sharonvanetten.com

Royal Blood - royalbloodband.com

Tiny Ruins - tinyruins.com

Angel Olsen - angelolsen.com

Jack White - jackwhiteiii.com

Courtney Barnett - favourite!!! - courtneybarnett.com.au


I love this tune. I know very little about the group, but I think it's new. I don't know.

(click on name above for video)





This blog turns 4 years old on December 20th (tomorrow). Currently total page views is counted as 23, 403. 
6,920 of which have been this latest year.
This equates to an average of 19 page views per day! Gulp. 
This is slightly amazing, and i must continue to thank you all for visiting!
Although you can navigate anywhere in this blog, using the menu on the right, I provide a link back to both my original post in 2010, and most popular month, March 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment